2. I have very blue eyes
3. We moved alot when I was growing up and I hated it
4. Because of having moved around so much as a child, I made sure my kids didn't
5. I didn't date until after high school. I was too shy
6. I'm not so shy anymore
7. I've been married for over half my life...to the same man
8. I was married for 5 years before I had kids
9. I had 2...a boy and a girl, in that order
10. I've seen Steel Magnolias, Terms of Endearment, and Step-Mom numerous times and still cry every time I see them
11. I was born and raised in California
12. I'm ready to move and live in another state
13. I would love to live on a lake or river
14. I can get along with just about anyone
15. I graduated from high school 6 months early
16. I am still best friends with D. We met in art class when we were in the 9th grade
17. I always wanted to be a teacher...but became a nurse
18. Fall is my favorite time of year
19. I chew gum alot
20. I don't like being late to anything, and rarely am
21. I love the color pink
22. But I have alot of blue in my house
23. I love home decorating...and making my surroundings b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l
24. I love Halloween
25. I enjoy going to the library
26. I never go barefoot, ever
27. I used to care about what people think of me. Of course I still want people to like me but now it doesn't bother or upset me if they don't
28. I'm generally in a good mood and optimistic
29. I rarely eat meat
30. I would like to tour Europe with my family someday
31. I'm a rule follower...with a little bit of OCD mixed in too
32. I'm a decent photographer
33. I grew up with lots of cousins and have great memories of growing up with them
34. I have loving, supportive parents who live in Colorado
35. My mom does make-up beautifully but never taught me anything about it
36. Consequently, I don't wear much make-up nor do I know how to apply it correctly
37. I have naturally curly hair...I've always hated it
38. I had a wonderful relationship with my mother-in-law while she was alive. We never had so much as one argument in the 20 years that I knew her
39. I know being involved with church at an early age kept me on the straight and narrow as a teen and beyond
40. I can balance my checkbook to the penny
41. I'm pretty much a "go with the flow" kinda gal
42. I love 80's music
43. I get car sick easily
44. I am a christian and believe in the power of prayer
45. I enjoy taking my dog for walks and exploring my neighborhood
46. I don't watch TV and don't even follow a soap opera
47. I love watermelon
48. I like order, along with peace and quiet
49. I got my first pedicure a few years back, now I get them regularly
50. I do not like to fly...but want to go and see and do...so I tolerate it
51. I love Girl Scout cookies. Thin Mints and Samoas are my favorites
52. Chaos makes me nervous
53. I went to Hawaii for the first time when I was 19 years old, with D. (see #16)
54. I've gone back at least 15 or more times since then
55. I LOVE a good salad and pretty much survive on them
56. I like wearing skirts
57. I loved Italy and plan on going back someday
58. I've been lucky and never had to watch my weight, until now
59. I used to be a die-hard sunbather
60. I now have the freckles and sunspots to prove it
61. My Mom pierced my ears when I was about 13 and it hurt like heck
62. I'm not a very good cook and don't even particularly enjoy it. I wish I did
63. I love to bake. I grew up making chocolate chip cookies and brownies
64. I love the dough more than the finished product
65. I took 2 years of Spanish in high school and didn't learn a thing, but got A's
66. I love Target and go at least once a week
67. I like sweets and drink way to much Pepsi.
68. I'm 5'2"
69. I love giving gifts
70. I enjoy gardening and working in the yard
71. I want to be a runner...and would love to run a half marathon someday. I say half because I know my limitations
72. I love shopping
73. I'm a firm believer in sending handwritten thank you notes when someone has done something nice for you
74. I had the biggest crush on Elvis when I was a little girl
75. I love to decorate my home for all of the holidays
76. I have the best intentions but don't always follow through with them
77. My sister D. and I have always been best friends
78. I get compliments on my gift wrapping abilities
79. I love Mexican and Chinese food
80. I don't consider myself very creative or crafty although others do
81. I love paper products and office supplies of all kinds
82. I don't mind ironing or doing the dishes. I find them relaxing
83. I've always had a desk and kept it completely organized
84. I loved the play/musical Evita. Ava Peron intrigues me
85. I opened my IRA over 20 years ago...thanks to my father-in-law's urging
86. I go to the Dentist regularly
87. I never really cared for animals much until I got my little Jake. Now I'm a passionate dog owner
88. I don't like to camp but I love to go RVing
89. I hate paying the bills
90. The older I get, the more family and friends mean to me
91. I'm a saver($) and think about the future
92. I'm an excellent speller
93. I've always been a night-owl
94. I love people but I don't like talking on the phone...home phone or cell
95. I view myself as mathematically challenged
96. I like to read and never miss a book sale at my local library
97. I can't read a thing now without my glasses
98. I love to sing along to music but know I can't sing worth a darn
99. I'm a praying parent and have been praying for my kids future spouses since they were in grade school
100.I intend on taking piano lessons someday





25 comments:
I loved learning more about you... I would of never taken you for shy. I didn know quite a few though. I wish I could say I'm a good speller. You are so incredible & have so many talents. I hope to be reading your blog for 50 more years! Hopefully I'll still know myself at that age!
Wow Linda, great List!! May I just say that we seem to have a LOT in common. THis will be silly, but I thought I'd leave a visual on just how much we have in common. #15,20,25,27,28,30,36,38(though mine is still alive) 41,42,44,57,58!!!, 59,64,67caffeine free, 73,76,81,90,94,95,97,98,100!!!Wow
Thanks for sharing. Its fun to get to know you better. Hope you had a fun 4th.
Linda -I loved your list and learning more about you-hope you had a great 4th with your gorgeous kids and family.Be blessed-love your sweet dogs picture!
Lorie
You and I have so many things in common!!! I must think about doing a 100's list myself, but havent even started and I think my 100th post isnt that far away. Will start thinking about it soon. I hate flying too, really really hate it. I love eating cake mix more than the finished product, I love sending notes and gifts in the mail too - (so send me that list!! ha ha ha).
A wonderful post Linda, now I will have to arrange to meet you next time I am traveling through LA - how far away from there are you?
Have a wonderful weekend Linda, your a warm, amazing, wonderful woman, mother, daughter and friend.
Hi Linda, found your blog through your comment on Nancy's blog.
Love your list! I too, have seen Step Mom several times and cry every single time! Love that movie!
We sure have lots in common.
Enjoying getting to know you! We have a lot of things in common! :o)
Yay Samosas and Thin Mints! And I'm also with you on the camping vs RVing vacations. Really, is there a choice? I think not.
I loved your list. And congrats!
I loved getting to know you more. We'd be best friends if it weren't for the bare feet thing! I'm always barefoot.
Hope you had a great 4th of July.
Linda, It is so nice to learn more about you. It's wonderful that you had a great relationship with your MIL. I'm late everywhere it seems. I'm changing that though. I love it that you've been praying for your kids' spouses for years. God is going to answer those prayers. Hugs, Kathi
How fun to read more about you! It's cool that you have been married so long and have such a supporting family!
Hugs!
congratulations on your 100th post!!! that is a great list, linda:) i really enjoyed getting to know more about you. we share many likenesses. i, too, am a strong Christian and like dough better than the finished product:b
i hope you are having a great 4th;
enjoy!!!
love,
dani
ps what a dork am i??? that will teach me not to proof my comment:b i change 200th to 100th, HA!!! i hope you are having a great 5th!!!
Linda ~ Your list was interesting to read and it was fun getting to know you a bit better! I, too, noticed that we have a lot in common...isn't that funny? Hope you're enjoying a great holiday weekend!
I just got home from doing some shopping & had a Wonderful surprise waiting for me.. Linda you just amaze me & I am so grateful for your friendship...
Thank you so much for the Good mail! It truly is GOOD!
I love Patriotic things....
Hello My dear, One Can only imagine! You Know I often told my Sister if she ever got Breast Cancer and Had to go through what I did(shave her head) I would shave mine right along with her! I stand to this day I would do it for her! Support is huge! have a wonderful day! ~ thanks for stopping by! Diana Lyn
Love reading allllll about you! Diana lyn
I enjoyed reading 100 things about you! You should move to Texas. I live near 2 beautiful lakes. Lots of Dallas people come here to retire. Have a blessed weekend!
Linda... please be sure to add in that list, the word GENEROUS!
You are one of the most kind, generous, and thoughtful women I know.
It is an honor to call you friend.
Linda:
WOW, you and I are a lot alike and while reading your list I found things about myself that I have never seen in writing. Thanks for sharing. Isn't life great and so much better with Jesus?
Love,
Debbie Kay
I always enjoying reading peoples 100 things list. I see we are a lot alike and different in many ways too.
I'm just taking up photography and hope to be decent one day.
I love the picture of your dog on your header. He reminds me of mine when she was younger.
Hi Linda, That was great. An awesome list! Thanks for sharing so much about yourself. I feel like I know you just a little bit more than before.
I'm with you on flying part. Oh, and the growing up on making choc. chip cookies and brownies. AND the dough is the best part of baking!
Have a wonderful week!
Brenda :)
What a wonderful post and list! As the others said, I feel like I know you so much better, and I, too, have many things in common with you. I may have to steal this idea from you when it comes to my 100th!
You truly are blessed, and a blessing!
Oh, I think more than half your list could be mine - except the California part ;-)
I could have said alot of these. It was fun to feel the kindred spirit of you. I am so glad you posted this list. It is so fun to get to know you better. I am really amazed at how much you enjoy your life. It really is a great inspiration to alot of people. I don't think you realize that. But it is true.
Hope your enjoying your week.
Jan
It was fun reading through you 100 things about yourself! We have a lot of similarities: I graduated a year early, I took 3 years of French, but can't speak it, I hate talking on the phone, rarely watch TV, and rarely eat meat. I too wanted to be a teacher when growing up, but am now a counselor. I hate to cook, and am not very good at it (thank God for frozen dinners and dinner in a can or bag!), and I like cookie dough better than the actual cookie.
This was fun!
Kady
Post a Comment