So here's the question: In honor of my being away on our camping club trip this weekend, how about sharing your favorite camping spot/location with us. Is it in the mountains, the desert, or at the beach? In the US? In Canada?
Mine would be anywhere where there is water. Earlier this year we took a trip to Oregon/Washington and we stayed at some gorgeous RV parks along the way. One of the parks was on the Columbia River Gorge and another one was located along the banks of the Rogue River. Both places were breathtaking...and my favorites so far.





13 comments:
hi, linda:) the only place i have ever been "camping" is at a place called hellman's ferry, which is located on kentucky lake.
we used to co-own a house with john's brother and sister-in-law on barkley lake(which feeds into ky lake). we sold it when his brother was transferred. it was too much upkeep.
we have stayed several times at a lodge on lake cumberland in south central kentucky spending most of our time boating...
of the three, lake cumberland is probably my favorite because of the falls...
have a fun weekend:D
love,
dani
Your camping trips sound really amazing. I've only camped at a lakes in Oklahoma. Not the greatest as far as scenery but always lots of fun.
I think it'd be a blast to travel around in an RV and go all over the US.
Hi there! Thanks for coming by to check out my "junque" yesterday! I have used my cloche for various things in the kitchen, but not as part of a decorative display yet. I have a smaller one that I use in a display. They're great and very useful!
I'm afraid I'm not much of a camper, much to my husbands dismay! But if I were going to do it, I'd want to be near water, somewhere beautiful with lots of trees and green, and warm, but not too hot. A beautiful mountain lake would be perfect!
It is really beautiful by the Gorge. I know that all to well.
We have a cabin, so camping has been put on the back burner for the last few years. But we use to go up in the Blue Mountains quite a bit. Priest Lake is really nice too.
We went up to Eureka Montana close to the White Fish area, gorgeous camping. So many places, so little time.
Hope you are having fun though. Sounds like it.
Camping...in a national park or foresty kind of area.
Have fun!
Bryce or Zion's Canyon and the Uintas.
Hi Linda,
Growing up we did a lot of camping, and tho' I'm not too much of a serious camper today, I would say my favorite place would be with my family in Colorado. Usually next to creeks.
God bless,
Brenda :)
Actually, I've only camped at state parks in the great state of Texas, but my fave vacation spots (if I ever GET a vacation...) is the beach. Not the beaches in Texas (not that they're bad...), but the only one I've been to other than that is the Atlantic coast in NC. Love, love, love the water!
My favorite spot is about 3 1/2 hours from Colorado Springs, west into the Rocky Mountains. We go over Cottonwood pass out of Buena Vista and down to Taylor resevoir. Then about 10 miles north to a road heading west along Italian Creek. It is over 10,000 feet elevation and has a beautiful creek and beaver ponds. We hike, fish, ride 4wheelers sometimes, but mostly just camp and have a great mountain experience. My utmost favorite place to be.
Camping - What is this thing you call camping?
We do love to get a cabin in the White Mountains of AZ. It is beautiful and out of the heat.
Been here in the White Mountains of Arizona and it is so beautiful. My parents live in the woods and it is nice and cool. Big rigs pulling camp tailers everywhere.
Love "Big Lake" of Arizona and any lake in Colorado.
Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you today
McCall, Idaho is one of our favorite spots. The lake is beautiful and the town is so cute.
We love RVing too! I should write some Life in a Winnebago missives.
Post a Comment