
Lelly's challenge this week..."your challenge is to highlight one thing per week that you have been inspired to do "because of a blogger."
Lelly has broken the month into 5 "categories."
tuesday, september 2 home decor
tuesday, september 9 entertaining/parties/tabletop
tuesday, september 16 arts and crafts
tuesday, september 23 in the kitchen
tuesday, september 30 personal growth
I've been away from SPT's for awhile but when I saw this month's challenges, I knew it was time to jump back on the SPT band wagon.
I love decorating my home and enjoy surfing blogs that cater to home decor and decorating ideas. When I saw this on a blog awhile back, I immediately knew that I wanted to use this as a centerpiece idea in my dining room. So, this weekend I polished up my silver tray, took out a cloche that I have never used, and went looking through my fall decorating goodies.
This is what I came up with and I love how it looks...but I'm not quite finished with it yet. I'm thinking I'll add some fall leaves and pumpkins onto the tray too. I'm just waiting for the mini pumpkins to come out at the grocery store and I'll pick up a bunch. I'm also on the lookout for a nice fall colored shimmery table runner to finish off the look.
I wanted to tell you a little something about my silver tray. This tray, along with it's matching silver tea set, was given to my in-laws as an engagement gift...61 years ago! After my MIL passed away 10 years ago, my FIL gave it to me and I've kept it in my dining room ever since. I love it and I know my MIL would be proud and thrilled that I've displayed it all these years and that I haven't stuck it away in a box somewhere. Let me just say, that will never happen.
If you would like to see where I first saw this idea, visit here.





30 comments:
You know all the things you've posted have inspired me. Your flowers. (Mine are dead now though)
I love your silver tray & that is so neat that it is so old. My mom has a lot of stuff from my Grandma that is really old..
Great ideas. Glad your back to spting..
Your table looks great! I don't ever put anything on my table - it is such a busy place I get tired of putting on and taking off!
I am feeling better - getting stronger, but the fever is back today. Thursday I have a Dr appt - finally!
What a beautiful tray! I have been inspired by everyone that changes the decorations in their houses based on the seasons. That is not something I am good at, but you along with others have inspired me.
I have not heard of SPT but you can bet I will check it out. I love home dec. too and this is the time of year I am most inspired. Thanks for the info! I do love what you have shown here. What a great idea! I have a silver tray and tea service that my MIL gave me to display in my dining room. Family treasures are the best!!
Your table looks really pretty, Linda! I love that you're honoring your mother-in-law's memory by using it as part of your centerpiece...so sweet of you!
Blessings :)
Michelle
Linda, this looks fantastic!!! I am always inspired by your decorating photos - beautiful.
Post another picture when the pumpkins come out!!
Hey Linda,
Canton is a great place to find any and everything! On Sunday's the vendors are tired and really not wanting to load their merchandise so you can really get good deals on some things. Have a great week and thanks for the comment!
Nancy
That is lovely Linda. I like the way it turned out. Neat story about the tray. I love history like that. Thanks for the idea.
Hi Linda,
Just love your lovely tray and cloche..how did you get the "stuff" inside without it falling out??I have a few fall things out, come over and see if you please !!Also, I can't quite see what is inside of it..looks so nice and I really need to find a Real cloche, not a cheese ball one that I use:)
Warmly, Deb
welcome back!!! i love that you are finding inspiration AND using something so treasured in your own display.
oh, if only i had a cloche in my collection...
I love your centerpiece. I will be checking out that blog. Thanks for the tip!
Love that story about your silver tray ~ how special!!
I also love how your cloche looks. I didn't own a cloche until I started blogging. They are a lot of fun to play with, aren't they?
that is a perfect way to use your cloche!!! your mil would just love that you continue to use her silver, linda:)
i am looking forward to the rest of this month's spt's... it looks like a great list:D
love,
dani
I love how you are honoring your in laws. Beautfiful decor. Can't wait to see the rest of your SPT's this month.
I love it, and I think the mini pumpkins will totally finish it off
good to hear from you!
i love it when a piece has history, it makes it so much more special! i wish i could think of fall decor, its still around 100 degrees here!!
It's beautiful! Your silver tray is so precious. :-)
Im a wanna be decorator, but thats as far as it goes. Oh well, I'll enjoy seeing what you come up with!! Maybe inspiration or determination will arrive sometime.
Your cloche looks beautiful! I keep searching for one, but never find just what I think I had in mind--which would be like yours.
I think pumpkins and leaves would be a nice addition too. The silver tray adds a touch of elegance. How nice it holds special memories for you.
Gorgeous idea!! Love the tray! Love love love mini-pumpkins... I am excited for you to be getting into your fav season!
Cute idea. It will look even better when you are done!
Love the silver tray
Linda, I love your new background on your blog, that is very inspiring in itself!!! Come over and check out my fall inspiration post, maybe it will inspire cooler weather for you in CA!!!
I love you table scape, I have a huge glass jar with green apples on mine, with fall leaves! Now I will have to do a post about it after seeing yours...more inspiration from you!
XO,
Donna Lynn
Very nice! The table looks wonderful. Thanks for stopping by via BATW today, too :-)
Linda, I just love it!
I love that cloche on the silver tray...it looks fabulous!!!
I can't wait to see your ribbon garland....the ribbon is definitely easier to work with than the fabric scraps! It should be really cute!
Thanks for your comment on my poopy post! Yes, kids are really something sometimes, and they keep you on your toes! At least this time, one of them cleaned it up, but probably only because I told him that life as he knew it would cease to exist if he didn't get that mess off of my ceiling, lol.
Love what you did with the cloche and the beautiful silver tray!
Kady
I love the tray...and once you put anything under a cloche it immediately becomes lovely and interesting!
Great idea...you gave me something to think about...I need to do more surfing.
Tammy
You are so inspirational, thanks for stoping by my house to say Hi! The Tray is beautiful, I must get in gear and do some fall decorating! Have a wonderful day ! Diana Lyn
Your table looks beautiful!!! I love your deocr, and silver tray. Very classy!
Post a Comment