I worked Monday and Tuesday so now I'm off for the rest of the week. Working part-time is perfect. It gets me out of the house a few days each week, I'm able to help others yet I feel blessed myself because I enjoy my job so much, and it provides an extra source of income. I definitely have the best of both worlds.
Today will be a busy one. This weekend is our Camping Club weekend so we'll be getting the RV ready to head out of town tomorrow. We'll be going "down south" to Orange County for this trip so I'll also get to spend some time with my sister on this visit. We always have so much fun together. I can't wait to see what fun this weekend holds in store!
Last week I mentioned a couple of craft projects I wanted to start. I've started both but haven't finished either...but almost!
Remember the ribbon project? I've prepared all of the ribbon and I have plans of finishing it up either tonight or just taking it with me this weekend and working on it then. Either way, I'll have it done by the end of the weekend. Look at all of this beautiful ribbon ready to go...
I only have a teeny bit to go on my second project. What do you think this spells?
I just have to put one more splash of paint on my double O's and then I'm done. This was a fun little project and so easy to do. It would be cute to do this same technique on square wood blocks but with the wording TRICK OR TREAT...stacking the word TRICK on top of the blocks that say OR TREAT. How about HAPPY HALLOWEEN, HAPPY FALL, or BOO! I think I'll be looking for wood blocks soon!
** I also wanted to say that none of the crafts I do are my original idea...I'm just not that creative! When I post my finished pictures, I'll be sure and post links to where the ideas came from.





19 comments:
I'm anxious to see what you do with all that ribbon. Your spooky sign is cute!
I'm curious to see the finished project that uses all of that ribbon!
Have fun on your camping trip! Orange county.... been there MANY times!! Lived in cali for a few years! ENJOY
sights of Halloween make me happy...love the Spooky sign, cute idea. waiting patiently to see what's up with all that wonderful ribbon!
You are just too cute! I thought that was short hand for Spooky! I love the idea. I'm going to have to do something fun like that. I wish you lived closer & I'd love to help you.
Have a Great time in Orange County. Wonder what the gang has planned for dinners this time? Can we make reservations for 6! There always is a huge buffet of food.
I am doing Good, today has been a fun day, playing a lot with the girls trying to keep them out of trouble. Charly doesn't have school on Wed.
And I loved your idea of a blog group getaway. Let's do it!!!
I can't wait to see all your craftiness posted!
And stealing ideas from others still makes you crafty!!!
Sounds like a fun weekend ahead!! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with all the pretty ribbon!
I love those letters. Wow, they still have camping clubs. My aunt used to belong to one and I would join her every so often as a kid. It was alot of fun.
You are a 'crafty' gal, aren't you. Enjoy your trip and have a safe one too.
Hi Linda,
Thank you for your support and kind words:) I hope you have a great time visiting your sister. The wooden words are so cute and I copy other's ideas too. Isn't that why we show them..to share :)
Warmly, Deb :)
It is simply beautiful Linda. I love your style. I am so sorry I haven't mentioned I got your big ole heart in the mail yesterday. I will probably be able to address it more next week. I am trying to keep my head above water right now.
Just know that I really appreciate it and love it so much. I will have to fight over the necklace though. Mattie saw that right away and it went to school to be coveted. :) So thoughtful, Thanks.
I can't wait to see what you are going to do with the ribbon. You are very crafty.
I have an idea of what you're gonna do with that ribbon...can't wait to see :) Love your project & fall decor!
Hope you enjoy a fabulous time on your trip...have fun with your sister!
You are so crafty! Now about camping...eeewwwwwww
it's all coming along, linda:) i cannot wait to see the finished products!!! are you going to use that ribbon for witch's hair???
love,
dani
Your letters are so cute! I haven't gotten started on that project this season, maybe it will have to wait for next year...
Your dog is just so gosh darned cute and I have probably told you that before,lol. Even my 4 year old agrees :)
Re: Cooking and Baking...ugh! I mean I love me some good food, but I am not one of those people who is happiest in the kitchen, lol. I like easy, fast meals or one pot cooking, things like that...I am in awe of people who actually enjoy and seek out cooking and baking, lol.
Bella :)
Oh, your garland is going to look fabulous!!!!! I also LOVE your Spooky!!! Don't we all just love to copy cat?!?!? Have a great camping trip...I wished we lived closer we would go too in our 5th wheel!!!
Can't wait to see what the ribbon project is. The ribbon is SO fun. I think I might need to make ourselves some "Boo" blocks.
Love your projects, and I may have to "steal" some of your ideas!
I'll bet I know what you're doing with all that ribbon....cuz I wanna do the same thing!!
Post a Comment