Look at this tasty bowl of clam chowder soup. I had fish for lunch but hubby said this was one of the best clam chowder soups he's eaten. Don't you just love soup served in a bread bowl!?!
The food is so good at Ivar's even these guys stand in line to get a nibble...
This is a picture of the famous Space Needle. It's a pretty good picture considering I took it from the back seat of the car.
Seattle is a happening place, with lots to see and do. If we had been there longer we would have signed up for the Duck Tour. The Duck Tour is a guided tour where you sit in a tram type car that's outfitted to look like a duck. I think these things even go in the water. It looked like alot of fun and will certainly be on the agenda on our next visit.
Speaking of soup, colder weather sure has hit and nothing sounds better right now than a bowl of soup. I think I just may have to organize a soup exchange this winter! Have any of you ever participated in a soup exchange before? If so, I'd love to hear about it.





22 comments:
I have eaten at Ivar's fabulous food place! YUM! This post reminded me of a family vacation we took to Seattle. I am now a little homesick, but in a good way. Thanks for sharing. m
Oh my gosh I totally agree last year when we went to Washington for a Taekwondo Tournament we ate at a little fish and chowder place right off the water...I thought I had died and gone to heaven!
I made a BIG batch of chicken soup last weekend and am doing Chili tomorrow night...Nothing warms the tummy like a good bowl of soup!
By the way...I wish we lived closer too..I think we would find ourselves being really good friends.
I love soup in a bread bowl! The duck tour sounds good too.
PS - how is Jake doing?
Linda,
Ivar's on the pier is our favorite place to eat when we are in Seattle - usually before a Mariner's game. My kids love to feed the seagulls their french fries!
Next time you are there take the Seattle Underground Tour - it is hilarious and fun!!
Glad you had a good time.
i made my john clam chowder (right out of a can, ha!!!) last night and a grilled cheese sandwich:) i love soup... most any kind will do... though i think my favorite is french onion, which i like served in a bread bowl, YUM!!!
linda, a soup exchange sounds interesting. do you can the soups you exchange???
i hope jake is doing well:)
much love,
dani
Mmm....yummy. I would love to visit there. It's on my list.
Hi Linda ~ yes, I agree, soup is so wonderful when it's cold like here (21 degrees yesterday morning...brrr)!
Hope you and Jake are both feeling better!
Hugz,
Michele
Nothing better than soup served in a bread bowl! YUMMY!
I hope Jake is doing well.....I am sure he is getting better day by day.
I LOVE Clam Chowder bread bowls. That looks so good.. I wish I knew some place here that had really good ones..
That picture with the Seagulls looks like Anthony's in San Diego. I love their Shrimp baskets..
How are you doing my friend? Really - are you feeling better? If you need a listening ear, I am here. Just call..
OH YUMMMMM. I love soup weather.
That soup looks so inviting!!
Love soup weather!
Diane at Crafty Passions
Ivar's is the best.
I've never heard of a soup exchange. I'm assuming it's like a cookie exchange. Sounds like a perfect, fun thing to do for the season!
Let us know if you do it and how it turns out.
God bless,
Brenda :)
I love soup weather AND I love soup!!! I think we might all have to post some recipes on our blogs, what da ya think??? I would also love to visit Seattle!!!
after your post yesterday I made Chili for dinner tonight...I am a dump and taste kind of cook...
I think Clam Chowder will be next!
I love soup served in bread bowls! Delish! I have to agree, it's really been soup weather around here lately! I'm thinkin' about making some chili this weekend! YUM! Oh crum, now I'm hungry! LOL! Off to find some lunch!
Hey thanks for coming to visit me at my blog! Hope you have a great day also! ♥ Hugs!!
I love clam chowder and Seattle. We've actually done the Duck tour there. It is cool.
OOO you brought back some fun memeories...we used to live in Poulsbo ...across the sound. I had Ivars all the time waiting for the ferry. I can taste it looking at you picture.
Lovely area...I don't miss the rain.:)
Forgot to ask....How is Jake?
Hope all is well!!
Ivar's was always my Uncle Ralph's favorite. We would pass by on the way to his home on Whidbey Island when we took the ferry out of Mukilteo. Good memories. Connie
Post a Comment