Today was even prettier. Look what I was up to this afternoon...in the middle of January! To tell you the truth, I felt guilty. I kept thinking about how the weather is FREEZING in certain parts of the country and here I was hanging out in the backyard.
One of my favorite things to do is hose down the patio and sidewalk. Like I've said before, I love watching the dirt roll away! What can I say, the littlest things make me happy!
I also did some window cleaning and hosed down screens. Don't look at the chipped paint on the door behind the screen. That's on my to-do list for spring.
And look who was enjoying the sunshine and fresh air too...
The house gets so dusty during the winter so I took a few things outside and gave them a good washing down. It felt like spring cleaning.
Then I picked lemons. Yes, you read that right! I love putting fresh lemons around the house for decoration...and they make the rooms smell good too.
I'm proud of the productivity so far this year. I'm making good use of my time and it's paying off. Our house has been a whirlwind of activity and it feels good. It feels like old times. I knew I needed to limit my computer time!
Everyone loves California due to the great weather and beautiful people...but we do have to have some sort of consolation for living in California because all.the.nut.cases.live.here! Wonderful weather is our reward.





19 comments:
I must admit this is making me jealous. I looked at our thermometer before I came to the computer and it is 6 degrees outside right now. Maybe it's time for a little trip to CA!
Please tell me that isn't a pool I see in your backyard??? I can't handle that in January...especially when it's supposed to reach only the lower 30's today! I'm so ready for spring and summer...I can just feel it in my bones!
I have to ask...are any women you know there in CA. like what you see on "Real Housewives of Orange County"? I watch that show and I can't believe how they act! They need to film at my house...I'm about as "real" of a housewife as you'll ever see! LOL!
Enjoy your warm weather!
Looks like your making good use of the nice weather!
If my backyard looked like yours I would be spending as much time as possible back there!
Washing screens and windows are on my to-do list this weekend.
Rub it in Linda. Joking. Happy for you. We are still freezing here. Jake looks so good.
Oh my warmth! It looks so very very inviting Linda - don't be surprised if your see our whole family on your front door steep soon - this negative degree weather is way to to cold! But, on the bright side - at least the sun is shining outside! Michelle :)
I am right there with you friend! I have been loving this weather. We met with the architect again last night on our patio redesign. I can't wait until I can spend even more time outside!
Note to April: the girls I know do not behave like the OC housewives. You are right -- their behavior is horrible!
seeing the lemons and the green grass tells me that there is hope!
I texted my SIL in Mesa the other day and told her to GIVE US SOME GRAPEFRUIT AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT!
I'll have to snag some lemons too!
Still giggling over your "all.the.nut.cases." comment. I must say I know more kind and wonderful people FROM CA than nut cases.
Those lemons make me homesick for Arizona. I too enjoy having lemons out in a bowl. They just cost a small fortune out here ANYTIME of the year.
We too are experiencing glorious weather in SO Utah!! Shirt sleeves in the afternoon!! Hope springs eternal that this cold winter may soon be over for us here!! Ahhhhhhh........
When I lived in CA as a girl, we had a lemon tree. I miss it. It's on my "list" of things to have when we build a house.
Thanks for the SPRINGY post on a cold day.
The only thing I can pick right now is pine cones. It just doesn't seem fair!!
Thanks for the blog advice & for entering our giveaway! I just added ways for you to get extra enties in our giveaway...come by and check it out. Ok so I'm off to check out your blog!
Take Care
Darlene
Oh Linda...I wish I could come out there and visit you..it's horrible cold here!!! -40 with the windchill...brrr!
Little Jake looks so cute watching you!
Hugz,
Michele
linda, true story...
i just took maggie outside to potty before reading this, and i cannot feel my fingers on my right hand (the one i was using to hold her leash)!!! yes, your california weather looks extremely appealing!!! enjoy it:D
love,
dani
It has been gorgeous here. I have family in Minnesota and it is -20. Seriously, that just is not right.
i cant wait until the day comes when i can go play in my back yard too! its FREEZING here, but nothing like up north! you pool looks AMAZING! glad to see jake outside enjoying the sunny warm cali day wth you! and you picked liemons?!?!? you have a lemon tree?? how cool!
California and Arizona. I have been really enjoying our spring weather too. Which is why I love living here. No winter blues for me.
I think I'm more jealous about the fresh lemons than about the warm weather! I love fresh citrus and can't imagine the joy of being to pick it from my own back yard. *sigh*
Post a Comment