Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Need More Time...

I've got a house to straighten up, paperwork to sort through, laundry to do, bills to pay, a dog to wash, and packing to do. All by tomorrow. Help, I need more. Yet here I sit on the computer. Does this sound familiar?!

We leave for vacation tomorrow.

We're heading to Colorado to visit my parents and I'm very excited. This will be the first time that my husband and I and the kids will all be in the same place since last October. The older your kids get, the tougher it gets to coordinate everyone's schedule. The heaven's aligned for us this time though!

We leave tomorrow and will be driving to Colorado (it's easier to take Jake in a car than to hassle with a dog on an airplane!) Courtney leaves from AZ on Saturday. We'll probably arrive Sunday. Brandon arrives from CA to CO on Monday.

We're all leaving on different days too! I don't think my mom will know if we're coming or going...but she can't wait!

One more good thing about visiting Colorado...Hobby Lobby here I come!

This is what summer is all about isn't it!

10 comments:

mommakin said...

Have a great trip!

stalkermom said...

Sounds like fun! Have a great time!

Cheri said...

Linda,

Have a wonderful trip and drive safely.

Cheri

Bren's Life said...

Hope you have a Great time!!! Good luck on getting everything done. I know what you mean. I should be unpacking & cleaning up everything. But here I sit!!!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful trip Linda! I love going to visit family.

Mari said...

Have a great time! We are hoping to go there in September because our son is stationed there. Take lots of pictures!

Gena said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! I am with you on how hard it is to get your family together when the kids are grown. My 2 big ones still live in Atlanta and it is really hard to have them at home with me and the 2 younger ones. Currently, my son is in Texas working and my daughter is working and hanging out with her friends.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Don't stress about the packing - there are always stores around if you absolutely, positively have to have something that you forgot. That's what I always tell myself! :)

Enjoy! I can't wait to see photos from your trip.

Joyce said...

Have a wonderful trip and visit with your whole family. I love Colorado...my dad was from Colorado and we used to love to visit my grandparents who had a big farm near Broomfield. I'm sure it's a subdivision now but it was a great place to travel as a kid. Safe travels!

Denise said...

Colorado?! That's where I live! I hope you have a great time in our beautiful state. We've had lots of rain lately so everything looks nice and green.

And what is it about the lure of the computer, anyway? I have about a dozen things I should be doing right now--yet here I sit.

Hobby Lobby is reason enough to live in Colorado! I LOVE that place.

Denise K. said...

I hope you had a wonderful time with your family in Colorado! How wonderful to have everyone together under one roof!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your visit! Did you make it to Hobby Lobby? Isn't that store so fun!!?? Love it...we have one here in Longmont and I have found so many treasures! Welcome Home!