
Thank you Leigh for hosting Thrifty Thursday each week. To join in the fun or to visit other Thrifty Thursday participants, click here. In addition to Leigh, feel free to visit Holly here to see other thrifty finds.
A few weeks ago I was driving downtown and stumbled across a thrift shop that I never knew existed. I was going to pass it by but decided to stop in and take a quick look around. Right off the bat, I spotted something that I have been looking for...a white ceramic soup tureen. I'd like to do a collection of these on top of my china cabinet and this one is perfect. It's in mint condition, not a scratch on it, and it cost me $10. Isn't it pretty!
This is one of those prime examples that "all good things come to those who wait!" I'm learning that if you're patient, eventually, what you're looking for WILL turn up while thrifting!
Have a great Thrifting Thursday!





19 comments:
ooooh - that is indeed pretty! And a collection on top of the china cabinet will be lovely!
Great find, Linda...wish I had that kind of luck!
Lovely. Thanks for making me keep wanting to shop for those bargains :)
Oh Linda, I love the tureen, it is so simple looking. Great find.
Wow! That really is beautiful!
oh my gosh, I love that! i guess I have to be patient because I have never seen one of those at any thrift shop I have ever shopped at, good for you, I will keep looking! Thanks for sharing! Sue
That is a fantastic find! Without a scratch, that's impressive. I love white dishes. All of my dishes are white, and I can't imagine I would ever want to change them.
I also wanted to say thank you for stopping for a visit at "The Zoo". Come back anytime.
*Tricia
I love it! And what a great deal.
You are sooooooooooo lucky!!! You find good stuff!!!
What luck to find something so beautiful and in such great condition. It will look wonderful on top of your china cabinet. Hugs, Loretta
Are. You. Kidding?
That is beautiful! That soup tureen was quite the find. So glad you went in and checked out the place! Thansk Linda for joining in on thrifty thursday!
Hugs!
That is beautiful. I just saw a soup tureen somewhere in blogland that was planted with flowers. Of course it was not a PERFECT one with a top and all!
Yours is lovely and what a deal. It will look beautiful on your cabinet.
You found just a lovely soup tureen. I found one too, but not quite as pretty as yours. Glad you decided to stop into the shop.
How pretty. You find the neatest things!
Hi Linda!!
Awesome find and
You
Are
AWESOME!!!
Warmly,
Deb :)
I have a small collection of tureens on top of my kitchen cabinets. There is something about them that is just comforting to me. This one is quite a find.
I've always wanted a soup tureen, and you found a GREAT one.
That is beautiful!!!
A-dorable, linda!!!
love,
dani xxx
Post a Comment