Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Saying Good-by and a Giveaway


We took this beautiful, sweet girl to the airport last night and soon our time here will be coming to a close as well. Whenever I leave Hawaii, I feel like a piece of my heart is being left behind. I love it that much. My son lived on Maui for 2 years and I can only imagine how his heart must have hurt when he moved back to the mainland. He still talks about his time here and how much he loved that time in his life.

We fly home on Wednesday but before I go I'd like to show you some Aloha spirit, and what better way than with a Hawaiian giveaway. Maybe some Kona coffee, chocolate covered Macadamia nuts, a necklace, coffee mug, Hawaiian 2010 calendar...

Just leave a comment, that's it. I'll randomly pick 5 names and send each one some good mail from Maui! It's a small way of saying thank you for taking this trip to paradise with me. I've loved sharing it with you!

Aloha!

28 comments:

michelle said...

Linda, I sure have missed you, and blogging. Hawaii sounds liike it was such an amazing time! Memories are the best! I think it is wonderful, that your having a good mail, giveaway! You are such a special person. Friends, Michelle

Loretta said...

Hi Linda,
I felt the same way everytime we left Hawaii. I used to cry myself to sleep knowing I was leaving the next day. Yes, Hawaii is that beautiful! You were lucky to have been able to spend so much time there. Each trip I had maybe 6-7 days the most. It was never enough! Enjoy you last few days and have a safe trip home!Hugs, Loretta

April said...

Oh, no...you're leaving! Heading back to reality is like a slap in the face, isn't it? Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful adventure with all of us. I have enjoyed every second of it! Hope you have a safe trip back home...I know you'll be bringing lots of memories with you!

Tanna said...

I've been behind on my blogging so am just now catching up on the past few days. You are SO going to miss your walks there in Maui... you'll just have to visualize them at home. And, I'm impressed with the Zip Line adventure! Someone might havve to push me off the platform! LOL. Enjoy every moment of this last day!!

Anonymous said...

Linda, We've only been once, but I hated leaving all that beauty too! But never fear, we'll both be back, you guys probably sooner than us, but still, lol. Glad it was another amazing trip! Sue

Cheri said...

Linda,

All good things come to an end but you are so lucky to have went and some time off to relax. I have lived vicariously through you on this trip since I have never been there. Include me in your give away so I can have a little taste of Hawaii (coffee drinker...hint hint) LOL
Cheri

Mari said...

I've really enjoyed your Hawaii trip. I'm so glad you got to share some time their with your daughter!

Emma said...

ah paradise!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Linda,
I have enjoyed your Hawaii vacation :) Someday I hope to go back.
How very sweet of you to have a giveaway... :) of course the chocolate would be my pick!!! or even some seashells or seaglass...did you find any???
Re: job..I was helping a gal have an estate sale..and it was very interesting. I'll email you later about it.
I bet Jake misses you so much.
Aloha !!
Deb :)

Nadine said...

I've never been to Hawaii, but it's one of those places I would love to visit. It's always hard to leave a place that you love so much. Enjoy the rest of your time there.

Lene said...

I have enjoyed "our" trip to Hawaii. David and have planned 2 trips to go there and something has come up both times to keep us home. So I have enjoyed going with you!

Anonymous said...

Since Hawaii is the only state that I haven't been to, I have so enjoyed that you have shared it with us. XOXO

stalkermom said...

I'm trying so hard to get to Hawaii within the next few years. I'm so jealous you guys get to go every year! The pictures you've shared have been great!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I'm so sorry you have to go! I don't think I would ever leave there if I ever got there!
The photos have been so great, thanks for sharing them.

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Hawaii wow I would have a hard time leaving too.
Loved the pics thanks for sharing!
Diane

mommakin said...

At least you're not coming back to snow! (You're not coming back to snow, are you?)

southerninspiration said...

Oh aren't you a dear??? It truly must be bittersweet to leave, but what fabulous memories you have!! What a treat, and I hope one day I'll be able to experience it!
You are so generous to have a giveaway.....welcome home.

Suzanne

9405018--Pat said...

I felt the same way everytime we left Hawaii...Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful vacation...Have a safe trip home....Pat H
pattygary@kc.rr.com

Doodle Bugs said...

thats a great picture! I can't believe you went on the zipline- (is that what its called??) anyway.. that was crazy!

nanny said...

Oh I know how you feel, leaving paradise is so hard to do. When I am at the airport I look out across the mountains and whisper, "I will be back"
Have a safe trip home. I hate the night flight, I can never sleep!

patsy said...

wow!!
hoooray for Maui- thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. It is so thoughtful of you to remember my sand collection-
if you have some, I would love some sand!

have a safe & fun trip home :)

wendy said...

I am sure it is hard to leave such a beautiful place. But you'll be back ----right??

I am salivating over the chocolate covered macadamian nuts.

valerie said...

Courtney's picture is beautiful!
How fun that your son got to live on Maui for two years. I just love it there!

I'm remembering how we bought so many boxes of those wonderful chocolate macadamia nuts. Aren't they the best!

You are always so sweet, thoughtful and giving!

I'm glad you had such a good vacation. Praying for safe travels home.

Christine said...

Aloha!
Thanks for taking us with you on your vacation to Paradise.

Connie said...

What an awesome trip you must have had. I hate to see it end for you and for us! Thanks for sharing your trip with us through pictures AND a giveaway!
Take care!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Parting is such sweet sorrow. I hate it when my girls have to leave! Count me in for your giveaway. I might make an exception on my diet for chocolate covered macadamia nuts!

tammy said...

Oh I love it there too. And those macadamia nuts! Glad you've had a good time.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Pick me!! That's probably the closest I'll ever get to Hawaii :)

Hubby has been and he wants to take me someday...we shall see. God willing.

Hugs,
Robin