Sunday, December 27, 2009

And It Was Over In A Flash

Well, another Christmas has come and gone. We spend so much time anticipating the holidays and then they're over just like that. Is it only me, or do you feel kinda let down after Christmas? While I'm sad on the one hand that it's over, I'm relieved on the other. It always nice to put my Christmas things away, clean clean clean, and then start off the new year with a fresh start. This year is a little different though. I'm just counting down the days and weeks until my foot heals. This whole foot thing is now starting to get on my last nerve. Enough already. I guess you just can't keep a good woman down!

We had a very nice and relaxing Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Christmas is usually at my house but thankfully my sister Kim hosted it this year and it turned out great. My parents are here visiting from Colorado and my sister, her husband, and Brandon drove up early Christmas morning. We talked, ate, played games, and we took lots of pictures. Here are a few pictures of my fun, crazy, beautiful family...









Fun times, wonderful memories!

12 comments:

nanny said...

Great Pictures.....Hope your foot feels better real soon...those injuries are sure slow to heal, uh? I had a car accident years ago and my injury to my foot was due to breaking....man did I ever break...my right foot had soft tissue damage (they said) It did take a long time to heal....

tammy said...

It does come and go so fast, I always feel a little sad too. But I do like cleaning it all up and knowing that in a few weeks I can plant flowers in my pots outside.

Your sister looks a lot like you. Beautiful women!

Blondie's Journal said...

It does come and go but I won't let that happen. I stress too much before and relax after, so I am going to relax by the lights on my tree and the fire in the fireplace and be worry free for a bit!!

Your family is beautiful and I bet you all had a great time. Now you need to concentrate on getting that foot back in shape!! ;-)

Have a happy (and relaxing) week!!

xoxo
Jane

Anonymous said...

Your family is beautiful! And so is your sweet little dog! Awwwwwwwwwww! I am visiting today from April's blog. She said you have been going thru lots of stressful times lately. I am so sorry! I hope you will have only good things happen to you in the months ahead : ). Happy New Year!

Mari said...

Your sister looks so much like you and Courtney! You are all beautiful. :)
I feel just like you about Christmas. Our last party was this afternoon and I am so ready to have my house back to normal, but it's sad to be done after all the preparing!

Christine said...

Thank you for sharing your family with us. Good looking family!
Glad to see Jake,

Connie said...

Great photos and a good looking family too...glad you had a good time with all of them.

Happy New Year!

Connie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Linda,
Aww...I LOVE seeing your photos and also seeing the little guy "Wheels" :) You have a lovely family.
I'm with ya...the Christmas decor is all put away and let the cleaning begin!!!
Keep your foot up...you know it helps :)
Warmly,
Deb :)

Brenda said...

Sweet pictures, Linda.
I am ready for 2010. Christmas was fun and beautiful, but I'm ready to relax now.
Happy New Year!

Connie said...

Linda,
You really do have a beautiful family! I hope your foot heals quickly! I took my Christmas down yesterday and although it's hard to see it end, it is good to move on!
Take care and have a lovely day!

Da Bergs said...

I agree... it is a bit sad, it is over so quickly! I still haven't put things away, I will prob get to it on Friday... Your sister looks so much like you, you have such big beautiful eyes!

Bren's Life said...

Great pictures.. Your sisters & you have the same eyes. Very pretty! I love Courtney's hair. It's so cute like that!!! How is brandon feeling. He lost weight... Those girls he lives with need to fatten him up & him him get healthy again! Hope he's doing ok.. Don't worry your foot will get better. Be patient, your so used to taking care of others. Take care of you!