Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Christmas Card Idea

RAK from Debbie Pictures, Images and Photos

I was reading earlier where a fellow blogger asked what people did with their Christmas cards that they receive. I shared with her a little tradition of mine that I did for years and it's a tradition I intend to start back up...this year!

During the holidays, as the Christmas cards were received, I always put them on display. I still do this each and every year. I have a special card display holder that I put all of the photo cards on for people to see and the regular cards get displayed in another card holder. My tradition involves what I would do with the cards after Christmas was over.

After the holidays, I would put the photo cards on our bulletin board in the kitchen and then keep the regular cards in a drawer nearby. Each week I would take one Christmas card and pray for that family during the week. I also tried to send the family a little note letting them know that I had been praying for them all week.

It's something so simple yet meant the world to others. I started this when my kids were small, but for one reason or another, probably busyness I'm sure, my little tradition fell by the wayside. Well writing about it now has spurred me on to start doing this once again.

Sooo, if you sent me a Christmas card this year, just know that you'll be specifically prayed for in the upcoming year...and for a whole week too!

17 comments:

Nonnas News said...

Thats the best idea I have ever heard of for christmas cards! Thanks for sharing!!

Connie said...

What a wonderful gift to give your friends! Too bad I didn't send you a Christmas card!
I hope you are doing well with your ankle and getting ready for Christmas! Take care!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

What an awesome idea! I love that, it seems like you are really getting the most out of the holiday cards.
Hope you have a great day!

Mari said...

Great idea! That's really making the most of those cards!

Anonymous said...

What an incredible idea. I am so glad I sent you a Christmas card! I am going to do this too. Simply special.

patsy said...

That is the most amazing thing! wow-

I am sending out late cards this year, because I really want the whole family in a photo- You are definately getting one!

I am going to do this! thanks so much for sharing!!

TUTU Monkey said...

What a wonderful idea....thanks for sharing.

Cheri said...

What a sweet tradition.

Daphine said...

What a neat neat idea! LOVE this and believe that it is something that I can start doing too! Thanks for sharing!

Tanna said...

Linda, that is one of the very best Christmas traditions I have ever heard of! I am going to make an attempt on that myself! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS LINDA!!
That is a wonderful thing to do for someone...a whole week of blessings!
Thank you for sharing this idea. May your Christmas be JOYFUL!
Warmly,
Deb :)

nanny said...

I think that is one of the sweetest traditions I have ever heard of...Merry, Merry Christmas Linda!!

Meggie said...

Great idea for the Christmas cards! Merry Christmas, Linda.

valerie said...

That's a great idea Linda!
I think I'll adopt that idea myself.
I don't think I sent you one???with my gift, but you can pray for me when I come to your mind. :)
Merry Christmas!
Love ya,
Valerie

Barrett said...

That is wonderful!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I LOVE this idea so much. I think it is wonderful! Really great. I was just wondering what I was going to do with all of our cards this year! Thank you for this. Now I just have to CLEAN OUT A DRAWER in the kitchen... : )

Unknown said...

I love this idea, its' so inspirational!