Thursday, December 3, 2009

Urgent Prayer Request

~~SECOND POST TODAY~~

Please say an urgent prayer for my daughter's dear friend Macey. Macey is the sister of Mckenzie who is my daughter's longtime best friend and roommate in college. Macey was jogging this evening and was struck by a car. It doesn't look good. She is in surgery now with serious head injuries.

My daughter and Mckenzie are driving from Tempe, AZ down to Long Beach, CA where Macey is a student at Long Beach State. They're calling me every hour to let me know that they're safe on the road. Macey and Mckenzie's mom and grandmother are in transit now as well. Luckily, Howard will be able to go over to the hospital tomorrow to be with these dear friends and our daughter. I might have to pack up Jake and head down south myself. This being out of the loop with Brandon, and now Macey, is killing me.

So much has transpired over this last week that it's unnerving, but broken ankle or not, my knees hit the floor in prayer the minute I got the news. Please keep Macey and her family in your prayers too. I'm sure their Mom Robin would be forever grateful.

Here is a picture of beautiful Macey. She is on the left, her sister Mckenzie is in the middle, and my Courtney is on the right. This was taken in October during Parent's Weekend at Arizona State.


20 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

Oh my gosh.....I am so sorry.....lots of prayers for Macy and her family.......

Lene said...

I am so sorry. You will all be in my prayers.

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh Linda, sweetheart....I'm so sorry.....and I'm praying.
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Loretta said...

Oh my gosh Linda I don't even know what to say except we will be praying for Macy and her poor family. We will keep your daughter in prayer as well.

Mari said...

Oh Linda - this makes my heart hurt. I'm so sorry and am praying now.

April said...

Linda...I am speechless! What a tragedy! When you have a child of your own, anytime you hear stories like this, your heart just aches. You KNOW without a doubt that I will be praying for Macy and her family. God be with them all!

Tanna said...

Macy and all who love her are in my prayers.

Joyce said...

Oh how awful...will be praying here Linda!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this and I will definitely keep Macy and her family in my prayers! I'm sure they are beside themselves with worry. Thanks for sharing this so we can help. Coralie

michelle said...

Linda, I am so sorry. This is heart breaking. You are in my prayers. Hugs.

valerie said...

Linda,
I'm so sorry for Macy and her family.
There are lots of prayers going out for this young girl and as we know...nothing is too hard for our God.
I'm praying for complete healing and praying for peace for the family.
I love my blogging friends too. We all have a special bond.
I'll be staying in touch. Take care & if you decide to make the trip, be careful.
Love you,
Valerie

stalkermom said...

Oh Linda, seriously keeping everyone in my thoughts. Keep us posted.

Michele said...

Oh Linda ~ I'll be prayin...please keep us updated.

Hugz,
Michele

Emma said...

Oh no I am so sad and I will send a little prayer!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

They are in our prayers. Keep us posted!
HUGS

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Lifting up the girls right now. I have a daughter named Mackenzie so I won't have problems remembering. I was a native Ca. girl until two years ago when we moved to Co. We miss northern Ca. but love it here. I'll be back to visit.
Noreen

CB said...

OH this is so shocking! This poor girl. Prayers going up! So sorry.

dani said...

as soon as i finish typing, i will join you in prayer, linda!!! God bless you all...
much love,
dani xxx

Janice said...

My heart just breaks for Macy, her family, your daughter and your family..... 3 absolutely stunningly beautiful young ladies with the rest of their lives ahead of them.

Will keep Macy surrounded by warm thoughts & prayers....

janice

Cheri said...

WOW, you sure have had all kinds of things happen since coming back from vacation, I just want to give you a big 'ole hug. I will definitely pray for Macy.