Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Photo Resolution 2010

Did any of you join in with the resolution to take 365 photos last year? Taking a photo a day seems a little overwhelming to me but kudos to those of you that were successful! I'm a picture taker in general but I wouldn't have made it past the second month. Trust me, my life just isn't that interesting!

I read recently where a fellow blogger was revising the 365 photo idea and making it her goal to take 52 photos this year, one photo a week. That I CAN handle and I think I'll join her. I figure Wednesdays are as good as any so here are my photos for week 1 and week 2 of this new year 2010!

At a time when much of the United States is frozen over, I can honestly say this in regards to these 2 photos...only in California!

1/52:


2/52:


Both photos taken in my backyard, January 2010.

20 comments:

Mari said...

I did the 365 photos last year. This year I am continuing, but not daily - maybe twice a week. It's amazing how much more beauty you see when traveling with a camera!
I'm looking forward to your pictures. These are beautiful and it's nice to see flowers!

April said...

I may have to join in that challenge, too! Your pictures are gorgeous, Linda!

Hopie said...

I love the idea of both of those challenges. But, I know I just don't get out with my camera every day. I want to do more photo taking as I seem to have slacked off there. So, I have decided to sort of join in and just do a photo a day. I haven't actually really truly joined the challenge so if I don't make it I won't feel bad.

Joyce said...

Love the lemon tree...so very pretty : )

nanny said...

Very, very pretty Linda.
Oh that lemon tree...I would photgraph it everyday!ha and have a lemon a day!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I need to travel with my camera more often, but I'm not sure anyone would want to see pictures of what I do.....ER nurse.....not so good.
Love your flowers, wow, I can't imagine because I'm in the midst of the frigid temps of Idaho!
Good idea, I think I could handle once a week.

Lene said...

I would love to lemon tree in my yard.

I wonder what your pictures will look like next year.

Kristens Creations said...

Beautiful photos...you are so lucky to have plants living in your yard right now, mine are all dead! You've got to get you some rub n buff!! Have a great day, Kristen

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Linda,
What a fun idea and the photos are great and would make AWESOME cards!! Try it...I know that you can do it!
Always such kind words you leave me!
I SO want your weather!
Take care.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Cheri said...

My daughter joined the 365 but she is a budding photographer so this is no sweat for her. I on the other hand wouldn't make it. Even you doing 2 mths is still better than what I would do.

Glad to hear about Macey.

Darlene said...

Your two pictures are beautiful! Hope all is going well and glad you stopped by.

Hubby and I used to go out to eat ALL the time. Now with the three of us it seems like it just costs so much money and I am not really enjoying the food. I think I am sick of the small collection of restaurants in our little town, and the service. I hope my menu planning and new recipes helps Lexi to enjoy more of a variety of foods too.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

beautiful pictures, and I agree only in CA...lol..I like the idea of 52 photos, is there a place to sign up or see other photos?

Christine said...

What a fun idea but I'm afraid I couldn't do it. I'll sit back and enjoy yours.
You defiantly don't live my part of the world. Burr....

wendy said...

365 photos ---that is alot and I imagine it would be pretty cool if you could do it. It would be quite the Photo Journal.
anyway, nice shots.
we have been having some awesome weather, warm --well in the high 30's with no wind and lots of sun, AND THAT IS ALL GOOD

xinex said...

Oh how pretty! I am jealous!...Christine

Yvonne said...

Love the pictures--you are very lucky. Everything here is white ; )

I like the idea of taking a picture once a week--much easier to handle.

Tanna said...

Linda, my daughter and I just started an online photography course. We are one week into it... and who knew all those buttons on the camera actually did useful things?! lol. I like the idea of a picture a week. One a day... well, I'm with you, my life is just not that interesting. LOL! Great photos... you make California very appealing in this weather!

jenn said...

love your pictures! and they came from your backyard?!?! how pretty! my back yard right now has some left over melting snow, brown grass and is muddy mushy from all the melting snow!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures.........even in FL, not much is in bloom right now.

Unknown said...

Hey i m new at this and wanted to get inspired before writing my first post and i found yours

so thanks!!

http://allthingsniceandpretty.blogspot.com/