Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It Had To Be Done!

Guess what I started yesterday...


I had no other option!

Since January, I've seriously tried to lose the 10-15 pounds that I've put on in the last year and a half and it's just not happening. My body is not budging one single bit! I eat way more healthy than the average person but I don't eat enough to keep a bird alive, and that's part of the problem. I have never had a love affair with food and I just don't get that hungry. I figure I needed something to kick start my metabolism and having the Jenny Craig meals all ready to go will hopefully give me that push that my body needs. I'll be forcing myself to eat 5 small portions a day and hopefully it will become habit. I'm happy with a breakfast bar in the morning and dinner, period! Needless to say, this will be a stretch for me but I'm determined to make it work.

I've got serious motivation and it has to be done!

We will be going to Hawaii August 10th with our good friends and former neighbors from across the street. We have been to Hawaii with them 3 times now and each time I feel like a beached whale next to Kim. She has 3 kids, one of which is in college, yet she's got the perfect shape, and with not one bit of cellulite! She's just the spunkiest, cutest little thing! Ok, now I'm asking myself, should I love her or hate her!?! Truly, I can't help it, I love her to death, even with that cute, cellulite free little body!

So, like I said, I've got serious motivation and only 5 weeks to do it! Only one problem, my Jenny Craig turkey burger I had for lunch was just awful! I had to throw the last part of it away. Hey, is that part of the diet plan?!

Oh, it's gonna be a long 5 weeks!

15 comments:

Cheri said...

God Bless you Linda...I wish I had your motivation. All you "skinny" gals on diets and running put me to shame. I do great in the morning and early afternoon and then from there it is all down hill. I would like so much to get trimmed up lose about 20 lbs. I have been thinking about purchasing a treadmill, any thoughts?

Connie said...

You and I are thinking along the same wave length! I did Weight Watchers 10 years ago and lost 45 pounds! I have just about put it all back on! I have my son's wedding on August 13th and would love to drop some weight so I need to get motivated! The Tour de Donut won't help much! ;D

Thanks for the motivation and good luck (to both of us!)

Diana said...

Well Linda, I wish you luck with your challenge! Either way it's the fun and friendship that really counts!
Love Di ♥

Anonymous said...

Well best of luck to you! I'm not sure how they do their turkey burgers. I think the beauty of Jenny Craig, and I'm not sure because I've never belonged, is the "no planning, no thinking about it, etc." Just keep thinking about Hawaii!

Kimberly said...

I have been trying to lose 10 lbs too but like YOU (yeah!) I don't have a love affair with food either! I don't think I eat enough!I have started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I am getting toner but the scale hasn't moved! Good luck with Jenny Craig!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Linda,
You can do IT!!! I wish I lived by you and we could do something together. I went to the "gym" this AM...my downfall is chocolate, sweets, chocolate, sweets... LOL!!!
I don't think the food should taste icky...hmmm!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Donna said...

All it takes is little motivation, Linda, and of course, knowing you're going to the beach!! Good luck to you...I know you can do it.

Hugs,
Donna

Joyce said...

I'll be curious to see how it goes...my metabolism is out of whack and I just cannot shed these last few pounds I've been trying to shed. Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Good luck Linda. I'm very overweight, and I do have a love affair with food, but I too know that when trying to lose your metabolism has to have enough food to make it work right. I hope this is the key for you..........Hawaii in August sounds heavenly...........you go girl!

Mari said...

Good for you! The hardest part is the starting, which I need to do!

mCat said...

Hawaii is certainly motiviation for sure!

You'll do great, and it will be fun to read about the journey with Jenny Craig

nanny said...

I have often wondered if those meals are any good...tell us more about them!

Girl, didn't you just get back from Hawaii???? You know how jealous I am???? ha

Good Luck with the weight loss program...motivation will help you through it

CB said...

Good for you! I know I also need to lose a few pound and don't know the right way to do it.
I have always been interested if the foods on these diet plans are any good. You'll have to keep us informed of what you think.
I don't think I would like a turkey burger either.
Good luck! Hawaii is GREAT motivation!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Well, I wish I didn't like food. I don't eat huge amounts, but the older I get the bigger I get, too. I hate to exercise, but know that is what I have to do. Got to get off this computer for sure and move it.

jenn said...

i think everyone has those pesky 10-15 lbs they try to loose...damn them! i eat like you as well...basically just dinner...im not ever really hungry, but i try to eat (and drink my water) because i am still breastfeeding and i need to keep my supply up for miss finley!