The last 2 weekends we've gone RVing with some of our camping club friends. Nothing makes me smile more than spending time outdoors in the beautiful fall weather, being with my family, enjoying great food, and making memories with friends that I adore...
This last weekend was spent RVing at my favorite campground, Serrano, located in Big Bear, CA. I love our RV trip to Big Bear each year and they just seem to get better and better each time. A few of us always go on a Saturday hike which is a highlight of the trip for me. This year four of us girls took the chairlift to the top of Snow Summit then hiked the 4 miles back down. This is definitely not a good picture of me, but it's real. Here we are on the chairlift, four wind blown women, all over the age of 50, anxiously awaiting a great afternoon hike together...
For someone who has been a city girl her whole life, I sure have turned into one nature and mountain girl in my old age. Hiking in the mountains is so peaceful and always makes me feel so close to God. Big Bear also has a beautiful lake. Here are a few pictures of the view that I took while hiking...
You know you've had a wonderful time when you feel like crying while saying good-bye. Yep, that would be me!
We leave on Thursday for Arizona, parent's weekend at ASU for more fun and special memories with family and friends...and yes I'm sure, more crying!





13 comments:
Those views are beautiful! Enjoy your weekend!
What a wonderful time with friends! I wish I could talk my husband into getting a camper and taking off, I would love doing that! Have a great weekend with your family and friends this weekend!
What a wonderful trip....beautiful.
I always love to see the pictures of your group. It's so great to have friends like that.
We're not going anywhere, just here waiting to hear what fun you've been having/ha
That's the great thing about bloggin, we are still here and we are all just as busy and we come in and out as we can. Your trip and pictures look amazing! Hope you find Arizona just as fun. Party on!!
I love it! I love how you've re-invented yourself and are open and willing to try new things and have adventures. My Great-Grandma learned to snorkle in her 80's- I want to be that kind of woman!
You have been busy enjoying life...that is fantastic. Thanks for checking in.
Hi Linda ~ beautiful pictures!
I've been kind of scarce around blogland too...so much going on!
Have fun at parents weekend!
Hugz,
Michele
Linda, that is why the follow button is so wonderful, we will be able to catch you anytime you slow down and post, and yes you still have me! My hubs is retireing early this Friday, and I hope to be off on adventures soon too!!!! YEA!!!
Love your posts and happy for you with your amazing life!!
I'm still here :)
sounds like you have been having some fun...and beautiful pics!
HI LINDA!!
I have missed you!!
And I agree about the GREAT OUTDOORS!!
How awesome you get to go so often!!!
I love being outdoors too!!!How fun, I would love to go to the BIG Bear area, so glad you took the ski lift up to the top, isn't the view amazing up there!!
have a fun week
hugs,
jamie
Rving sounds like great fun, Linda. And great friends also...life is good! Nothing like being outside in the fresh air.
Those pics are beautiful! What I wouldn't give to retire and spend my life like that!!
Yes, we have missed you. But look at all that you have done. And look, so many of us are still here!
Welcome back, you were missed.
Post a Comment