Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's Friday


And I'm nosy...

So here's the question: What is your favorite type of salad dressing?

I'm a hugh salad eater and love any kind of salad dressing that involves balsamic vinegar. I also like the Thousand Island dressing at Marie Callendar's. It's creamy and not too tart like some Thousand Island dressings can be. One of my favorites though is the sesame dressing that is so delicious on a nice refreshing Chinese Chicken salad! Do I hear an Amen!?!

I finally got to eat at a Cafe Rio this past summer. Cafe Rio cilantro salad dressing...To.Die.For!

15 comments:

Mari said...

I like ranch dressing - which is probably one of the least healthy! I also like poppy seed dressing on a salad with strawberrys and almonds.

Joyce said...

I usually do oil and balsamic and not much of it...I dislike a salad swimming in dressing. My family says I'm stingy with the dressing but I figure they can add more on their own plates. I like Hidden Valley fat free ranch too but try to stick to the oil and vinegar.

Carol E Wyer said...

Hello Linda! I've dropped by from Follow Friday 40 and Over (I'm the ' and Over' bit). You have a lovely blog and I have signed up to be your latest follower. Your header picture is adorable so I was enthralled before I began to read and then I spied a smiley and a chocolate cake further down...I'm going to enjoy my visits here :)
Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com (the blog that enhances your laughter lines)

Carol E Wyer said...

By the way I adore lemon and vinegar...simple but tasty as a dressing.

Lene said...

Love the cilantro dressing. I like keeping a jar of it in my fridge.

I also like bleu cheese. Target has an italian bleu cheese that I really like also.

tammy said...

Mmmm...yes....Cafe Rio's cilantro dressing is so yummy. I also like a good 1000 Island and Chinese like you. Lately I've been craving honey mustard dressings on my salads.

Janiece said...

I would say ... Italian dressing...
but, yes Cafe Rio's cilantro dressing is so very good!

Mama Hen said...

Just oli and vinegar and some sea salt. You have a new follower! Hopping by from the blog hop! I look forward to following your blog! Come visit Mama's Little Chick when you can and say hi! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Loretta said...

Good Seasons Italian is my favorite! I love it because I make it fresh with red wine vinegar and olive oil! Yum!

wendy said...

oh yes, I LOVE the cilantro dressing at cafe rio....we don't have one of those here (boo hoo)

I love poppy seed dressing
and I am always on the look out for something new to try.

Cynthia said...

I have a recipe for the Cafe Rio dressing- and it's NOT the icky one you find online. Mine involves roasting the jalepeno and tomatillos. It's not too hard and oh so yummy!

I also love the Kirkland brand balsalmic vinegar mixed with ranch dressing (homemade, no bottled ranch for me!)

And the Olive Garden Italian dressing. Yum!

Mimi said...

HI!!
MY First preference would be an Italian or Balsamic Vinagerette
Second choice--Ranch
hugs 2 U,
jamie

mCat said...

Cafe Rio creamy tomatillo dressing is most def number one.

Then the ranch at a local italian restaurant here.

Bren's Life said...

Not a huge salad person. I like it & eat it, but not usually as the meal. But usually have ranch or whatever is on the salad..

Natasha said...

Paul Newman's light balsalmic vinaigrette!