My Sunday blessing is late getting posted, it's now Monday night!
Sunday I was able to spend a fair amount of time with my handsome son and it was such a blessing to me. We don't get to spend alot of time together because of his school and work, my work, and well, just because life gets busy. The older your kids get, the busier they become, and unfortunately, the time you get to spend with them lessens. It's a harsh reality.

It was such a joy and a pleasure raising this young man and there are days that I long to hold that little boy who loved to splash in the pool for hours on end, or lay on the couch drinking his warm milk and watching Full House, or playing roller hockey in the driveway after school, everyday, for what seemed like years. I'd love one more time to hear that fun, carefree giggle that grade schoolers give so freely...but another harsh reality is our children grow up, all too fast.
My handsome son has grown into a tender hearted, intelligent, loving, hardworking, serious natured, respectful young man...and I love him more than he will ever know.
14 comments:
Finally a moment to follow up on some of the people who have visited my blog :-)
And oh dear, here I've been missing my older ones and I read your post about your son :::sniff sniff::: It makes your heart overflow with thankfulness! The years go by too fast, don't they?!
Blessings,
Tammy ~@~
What a lovely tribute to your handsome nice son. It is so incredibly hard when they grow up and things change. But what a blessing when you can watch them come unto their own lives and realize that they are good and decent people. It is a very settling and comforting thing. And it sounds as though your son is just that. So glad for you and him. You are truly blessed Linda.
That is so sweet! You are just such an amazing woman! I am so glad to have come across your blog & to become friends.
How is your sons roommate? Is he out of a coma?
You have a very handsome young man there. I bet girls flock to him!
Linda, thankyou that was lovely!!! I know exactly how you are feeling - my eldest turns 18 early next year and I can already see how much I will miss her if/when she moves out, right now I cannot even think about her not being there because I get too upset, I really cant imagine her not being there, its really really difficult. Lucky for me I have a 14 year old and a 11 year old so the house wont be empty for another couple of years.
You are an amazine mom and I love reading your posts. Have a great week Linda........xxxx
I ditto all of the above.
What a tender post to your sweet son.. how lucky he is to have a mother like you....
Yes, you are so right... they grow up fast and to have but one more moment to hear them giggle or watch them play as a child.
Great post.
Aren't grown kids that let their Moms love them a great gift? My daughter is the best. I have 3 other children that I adopted and they each have severe emotional and behavioral problems and our relationships aren't good right now, but God willing they will eventually look back and see the love I freely gave and don't expect to have given back.]
By the way, Thank you so much for visiting my site and giving me so much attention and encouragement to blog more. I surely don't intend my blog to be a downer for anyone but just real.
Thanks again.
I love reading about young men that make their moms so very proud. He is quite handsome.
Linda, He is a wonderful son! You have done a great job as parents, and you as Mom. Mine are growing up too fast too. I'm missing them already, and they are still here.
Kathi
One more thing. I thought you would know who Chuck Girard is!! I'm enjoying his music all over again. Yes, I have those other records you mentioned too.
Kathi
This is such a sweet post Linda. I can tell how much your love your son. There is something so special about the love a Mom, and son have.
what a sweet post...so eventually they DO grow up to be great young men...well, one can hope anyway! I hope I can do as well with my 3 as you've done!
BTW - my little devil is the ASU sundevil...so smart you are! My husband and I are both alums...go devils!
What a nice young man to blog about! These are the kind of posts I like. The kind where you can feel what someone else feels.
Linda, this is so sweet. Isn't it wonderful to be able to say so many things like this from the heart about your son? I can't wait to see how my little Griffin grows up but at the same time I love the baby years!
Post a Comment