Friday, April 11, 2008

A Win/Win Situation

I love days like today. I was able to do things that I wanted to do yet I also got alot of things done that I needed to do. It was a win/win situation!

After picking up hubby from dropping off the motorhome for some minor repairs, I headed over to the salon for my scheduled appointment. I knew it was going to be a good day when I left the salon HAPPY...hair not to short, not to long, just right! Hopefully I'll feel the same about it in the morning when I have to style it myself.


Literally, after looking for years, I finally found some new pots for the 2 topiaries that sit on the mantle above my fireplace. I have had these topiaries forever but never liked the look of them in their original containers. I like how they look in these tuscan/italian looking ones. What do you think?


Hubby and I went to Costco and look what I found. Isn't it cute. I haven't worn a two-piece in ages. This is a skirt with the bikini bottom sewn in. They had some darling designs to pick from.


I think I've mentioned before that I rarely eat meat. No certain reason really...just not a big fan of it. I am a HUGH salad fan though. I survive on them. I had this most delicious spinach salad tonight...yummy!


I readied some good mail that I have been wanting to send out. I had alot of fun putting these little gifts together. Watch your mailboxes people!


I also did some banking, paid some bills, hubby secured an apartment at ASU for little sis for next year and sent off the payment for that, and I hosed off the back patio which I love to do. It's so relaxing to me and as I've mentioned before...there's nothing better than seeing dirt roll away!

So this was my day in a nutshell but I almost forgot to mention one of the best things about today...the weather. It was perfect...82ish!

10 comments:

Jill said...

My feet are freezing right now so I can't even remember what 82 degrees feels like!

Score on the haircut success and the topiaries!

Those are some big packages you're sending out, how fun!

Brenda said...

Hi Linda, thanks for stopping by for a visit! I look forward to doing some further reading.
Have a great weekend.
Brenda :)

Mandi said...

HI Linda
You did hava a good day!!! Your hair looks great and I absolutely love the new pots. The bathing suit is also sensational, we have alot like that in Australia. I would say you had a perfect day!!
Your packages look so cute!!!
Have a fantastic weekend!!

Bren's Life said...

Your hair is so cute.. I love it! And I love the topiary & the salad & the bathing suit...
What a fun day you had.
If you need help getting around AZ. let me know. I'd be glad to help you out...

jenn said...

Hi Linda.
It's always nice to find a new friend on blogs- thanks for commenting.

If you care- I started running 5 weeks ago with a program available online called "Couch to 5K". It has been great! I started with 60 second runs followed by 90 second walks and have worked up to my first 20 minute run yesterday. There are even podcasts with the music and someone telling you when to stop and start! It made it so easy! And I swore I would never be a runner. Walking is my style. But I am loving, not the running yet, but the accomplishment and how I feel! Maybe it will help you?!

Good Luck and thanks again for commenting. (By The Way- I love your topiary containers!)

Jan said...

Here I sit at the motel lobby having to see what is up with the blog friends. I kill myself. Looks like you had a terrific day indeed. I really think you scored. I hope you have a great tomorrow as well. I will email you tomorrow when I get home and send you my address so that you can become my blog buddie for sure. Take Care.

Natasha said...

I like thos topiaries alot!

I miss Costco so much - we only have Sam's here but when I lived in Texas I went to Costco all the time. I did brave Wal-Mart yesterday though.

Cute bathing suit. I am still looking for one.

Natasha said...

ps - that salad looks delicious! I could live on good hearty salads!

Gena said...

Hey Linda,

I'm glad you came by to visit me.

I love your haircut - I need to get mine cut, but my normal stylist sort of retired (for health, not age, reasons) and I haven't found anyone quite as good as she was.

Also, those topiaries are beautiful!

I like your new swimsuit, too. My 9-year-old was in here with me while I was reading and she thought it was cute, too! That is exactly what I need this summer.

82?!! It has been nice here, but we're having a weird cold spell. We actually have frost warnings this week. I'm glad I haven't planted anything yet!

Misty said...

Sounds like a PERFECT day!