So here's the question: Hot or cold? In regards to weather, which can you tolerate better, the heat of the summer or the cold of the winter?
For me, I can tolerate being hot better than being cold. Even during the summer, I always take a sweater with me to the mall, to restaurants, or to the movie theatre. I think it's their goal to freeze you out of these places!
Happy Weekend!





30 comments:
LOL...I have lived in Nebraska with the very cold winters and here in CA with the dreaded triple digits and I must say...I would rather be cold. You can always put more clothes on..but can only take OFF so much! :)Although I too always carry around a sweater, I get cranky in the heat! Unless it's at Disneyland... :)
I think I can tolerate the heat more, probably because Im so used to it, living in Texas!
I'm with Sonya on this - you can always put something on. I tolerate cold better - maybe it's because I live in Michigan and have cold winters. I do agree with you though about restaurants and theaters - they always have it way too cold!
It has been 21 yrs for me since I went to college in Idaho & frooze to death. I remember debating with a friends dad telling him I'd take the heat any day over -20... He's feelings where you can always put more clothes on to stay warm, but you can only take off so much clothes until there's nothing left & your still hot!
But I still would take the heat.. Can't I have my cake & eat it too? Live in AZ for winter & somewhere really pretty & cool for summers?
Dreaming!
I tolerate just right. I am not a too cold or too warm person. I am a weather wanting diva. I should move to San Diego or Hawaii I guess. But, I do like the season fall alot. Oh well. I can't win them all. Anything above 82 degrees, and I am heat intolerant. Weird huh. So good for you Linda. I am jealous of your heat tolerance.
Linda, I hate extremes of both hot and cold. if it is too hot and Humid my breathing suffers,it it too cold and again my breathing suffers. I wold like a nice in between temps myself.
Hugs and Blessings! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Cold. Definitely cold. :o)
I dont THAW out until it reaches 80 degrees!! I HATE the cold. Thats why I live in the desert. Did you know that this desert gets too cold in the winter? I have to wear a coar and gloves! ba humbug!!!!
I AGREE, although I can't totally do without at least seeing some snow outside my window for part of the winter. If it's going to be cold for long periods than I would rather it snowed so at least there is a good reason for the cold. Otherwise I get tired of it right away. I also bring a sweater/jacket everywhere I go, just like today when we met friends for lunch during 96 degree temps outside. The resturant was freezing and I was shivering. Why can't they find a happy medium?
I grew up from ages 10-18 in WA. BRRRRR.
It was hard getting used to TX summers. Now my blood has gotten too thin to handle the cold!
Keep me warm all year long.
hi, linda:)
you know i used to would have said, "cold". only as i've gotten older, i can no longer tolerate being cold well. so, i guess my answer is "hot"... unless i can cheat and choose, in-between:b
love,
dani
Hi Linda...I much prefer COLD..you can add layers, snuggle under a blanket and drink hot cocoa....I do not like the hot and sticky and sweaty and grumpy...LOL.
I do live very near a lake...Lake Wilderness...and there are quite a few here in WA. I'm not real familiar with the area though as we have only been here 2 years. It rains a LOT...too much...but when we lived in Colorado we had FEET of snow so I'll take the rain any day!!
Have a great weekend!!
Blessings,
Robin
I get a little cranky when it's extra, extra hot but I do not like cold weather at all.
It probably doesn't get really cold in Calif. does it?
Here in OK we have all kinds of weather.
I'd rather be cold than hot . . . but then I'm probably just saying that because it hit near 100 near today!!
Hi Linda, I love summer more than winter, but I think I tolerate the cold better. I guess it's because I can pile on the blankets and get cozy warm whereas in the heat I can't just 'take it all off', unless I'm in my house and NOBODY's home! Sorry for that visual!
Have a great weekend!
Brenda :)
I love them both in their time.I like a good snow and I love a warm beach. I'll take a little of both please.
Be blessed!Lorie
I love them both in their time.I like a good snow and I love a warm beach. I'll take a little of both please.
Be blessed!Lorie
I live in the dessert, but I hate the heat. I basically hibernate all summer long in my cave like house.
I really like visiting my sister in Idaho during the winter and really enjoying winter.
definitely the heat, I don't like it but can tolerate it much better than the cold. I work in fuel assistance, and this year is going to be scary-I fear for lots of people in the cold with the costs of home heating oil. I've been in the cold one time-my furnace quit and landlord couldn't get anyone to fix it on short notice, they were booked days out. It was the worst cold snap of the season, I had just moved back to Maine and I had to endure 2 nights in the cold. It was not a pretty sight.
I can certainly tolerate the cold more. In cold weather I can bundle up to stay warm. One can only remove so much clothing in order to cool off! : ) I just don't like the heat...so I live in AZ, go figure!
Jan
I guess I'd have to say I can tolerate heat better than I can the cold...oh, how I hate to be cold!!! You'd think I'd be used to the cold because of living in MI :) Like you, I carry a sweater around with me!
Have a great weekend, Linda!
Hi Linda - just catching up on your blog. I loved the 100 things about you. Very interesting and we have a lot in common.
Since my thyroid was taken out last December my body temperature is out of whack and I get very hot too easily. But I will never enjoy the cold! I love to be warm.
Linda:
I too prefer the heat over the cold. I live in the High Desert in Caliornia and it gets real hot. I am happy as a clam.....
Debbie Kay
COLD because you can always put more clothes on. And besides you can ride your snowmobile.
I cannot tolerate hot weather. Perhaps because I was raised in the midwest.
- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife
I'll take the heat any day. With the cold, all I feel is aches and pains!
Oh I just HATE when it's hot. Anything over about 75 is to hot for me. I love cold winter days. But then again, I live in So. Calif. so it never gets that cold.
Hugs,
Joanne
I'm not sure which I can tolerate better. I don't like extremes of either one. However, when it comes to heat of 111 degrees like you had, I would say I could definitely handle the cold better because at least you can keep adding layers! Then again, I'm an Ohioan so I've seen my fair share of very cold days.
Kady
hhhhmmmm well I can only go by the weather we have Down Under, and our Summers are VERY HOT and very long, our Winters are quite mild too. So even though I am used to the heat, I don't like it and enjoy every second of the short Winter relief. So my vote is for cold! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead Linda!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)
I'm with you! I can take hot better then cold, and I always have a sweather with me.
As much as I enjoy the summer, I tolerate the cold much better. In fact, I kind of like it cold. The one main problem here in Ohio is we have so many gray days in the winter. If the sun is out and it's cold, I'm good to go!! Interesting question.....
Hugs,
LeAnn:)
Post a Comment