
We got our PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric) bill last week. Let's just say that the bill is as big as a mortgage.
And I'm mad as a hornet!
All summer long I've been telling my family to conserve energy...turn off the lights, don't run the dishwasher every day, turn up the thermostat. You don't have to keep it at 73 degrees for pete's sake!!
Yep, it's been a long, hot summer having both hubby and little sis home each day...and our PG&E bill proves it!
Other than that, I'm peachy keen!





15 comments:
Frustrating isn't it. Have fun in Tempe, hot as it is!
God bless,
Brenda :)
And thanks for your continued prayers for David!
PG$E what a "blast" from the past. I was not happy with them when I was out there in CA.in the seventies's
I said some unkind things under my breath back than.I would hate to see what the bills are like now.
With that being said.I hope that you and your family are having a great day today!
Hugs and God's Blessings.Mike G. said that!( It's my A.A.thing)
it does make a difference when someone is always at home, but utility costs are insane even under the best of circumstances...
love,
dani
We got our electric bill yesterday and ours wasn't good either. The sad thing is, it really hasn't been too hot here and the air hasn't been on too much. The rates have raised significantly and what can you do about that?
Ours isn't good either. Like really not good. We raised the temp up to 75 and it isn't much better. We have to use it to cut the humidity!
Hi Linda,
Yesterday I rec'd the natural gas bill..we are on budget $87.00 per month with a twice a year adjustment and they said our budget wil be $111.00 starting in Sept...OUCH...so I'm thinking about the changes that need to be made here. Guess I really do need to get that part time job :(
Guess I'll be looking like a bundled up snowwoman this winter, and that's just inside the house :)
Burrr, Deb
I dread the winter when we heat Josh's taekwondo studio with gas.
They are telling us to expect a 30% increase this winter.
I am try to think of another way to heat it!
I have only turned air on one time this summer and it was when It was 86* inside...sorry I like it to stay below 77*
Bless my sister, Lene's heart, I hate to think what their power bill was when I was staying there in June and July!
Holy Moly! My hubby was upset that ours was $300.00 & we keep our air at 79' & I don't run the dishwasher much & try to do laundry in the morning or night.
How does Little Sis handle it here?
Can't wait to see both of you.
Are you kidding me Lil Sis wants my girls to come to lunch too? Has she seen my blog & all the trouble they like to get into? So much for a relaxing lunch of peace..
Just tell me a day & time & we'll be there with bells on. Do you need help moving her in?
I will be glad to see cooler days. I was just mentioning our electric bill to someone the other day. I just can't believe the $ we spend on keepig cool! The good thing is cooler days are ahead. Stay cool! :)
I remember growing up with only one window fan for our family of five. HOT!
It's still worth it to be able to cool off with wonderful air conditioning.
Isn't that something. Trying and it still doesn't pay. Have fun and tell my son hello. Went through the Gorge this weekend and thought about you and how you need to move :)
Just a note to say Hi and let you know I was thinking about you.
Yikes...I'm not looking forward to getting mine either. Can't wait until both kids go back to school!!
Hugz,
Michele
You may be missing out on some pretty impressive games...but I think they're show way too much womens beach volleyball. It seems like its always on!! My hubby thinks it has something to do with womens's hard bodies in bikinis!! wink wink
Oh I so hear ya.
Out CLP bill in Connecticut went up 16% this summer and the only thing that saved us was the fact that the
AC went out and we are gone for a whole month.
Then, winter will be upon us and our heating bills will be over the top.
Post a Comment