Wednesday, October 29, 2008

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST

I'll tell you more about it later today hopefully but for right now I am asking for urgent prayer for my little dog Jake...he is the dog in my header.

After stepping off the plane yesterday in Burbank, we received a call from the Vet's office where Jake was being boarded while we were away in AZ. She indicated that she thought Jake was suffering from a ruptured disc and needed immediate attention. We rushed to the Vet's office and from there drove 3 hours away so that he could been seen by a Vet that specializes in neurology.

Jake had emergency spinal cord surgery this morning and will be in the hospital for about a week. He did have a ruptured disc, some slight bleeding into the spinal cord area, and will only have a slight chance of ever walking again or being able to urinate on his own.

If you know me you will know that I cannot hardly write this as I'm crying so hard. This dog is my heart. Please pray for his recovery and that he will indeed be able to walk again. I would appreciate your prayers for my little guy. The vet stated honestly that he would put the dog to sleep if it were his dog. This was out of the question...Jake is everything to us and just the thought of it literally breaks my heart.

We're heading back home right now as we haven't even been home yet. We stayed in a hotel last night. It is going to be so hard to walk into my house without him there. If you will, please pray for me too...I'm having a very very difficult time. I'm feeling so guilty for having been away and not being there for Jake when he was in pain and scared. I know many of you are prayer warriors so please keep Jake in your thoughts and prayers. It would be so appreciated.

22 comments:

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Linda,

I am SO Sorry to hear about Jake! He is in my prayers!

I am thinking about you!!
Love, Jen

Janell said...

Many prayers coming your way - I am so so so sorry to hear you are all going through this. I hope all goes well with Jake. While we don't have any pets, I know how much a part of the family they are. Love and hugs for you and your family! J

stalkermom said...

Oh Linda, I'm sorry about Jake. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

9405018--Pat said...

I am so sorry to hear about Jake....He is in my prayers! take care...Pat H

Nadine said...

Linda:

My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry that Jake had to go through so much and for the pain you feel. I will pray for full healing for Jake and a speedy recovery. I will pray for peace for you and your family as you wait.

Mari said...

I am so sorry. I'll be praying for Jake and for you.

Lisa Loo said...

Its amazing how intertwined your heart can become with a beloved pet. I am really sorry that this is what you and Jake have to be going through right now. I will be praying-----hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Linda Sweetie, your family is in my prayers...I know how difficult this is.

Peace to you during this trying time...

gibkidsmom said...

Oh my goodness Linda- my prayers are with you. I know how those dogs are just part of the family. We lost both our dogs in the last year. It was heart wrenching. I hope all goes well. BTW- next time you are in AZ tell Bren she needs to let me tag along! I'd love to meet you too!

jenn said...

oh linda, i am soo sorry! i am an animal lover and have many pets over the years. i know how difficult it is when one gets hurt...i am praying for cute little jake and you and the rest of your family.

tammy said...

Oh so sorry to hear about your cute little Jake. Of course you will have my prayers. Hope all goes well.

dani said...

consider it done, linda:)
much love,
dani

Nonnas News said...

So sorry to hear about your sweet Jake. Im praying for you both.

Anonymous said...

You are on my regular prayer list and now I will add Jake.

Mandi said...

Oh Linda - I am crying for you and your little Jake. I know how you feel!!! I am not a prayer sort of person, but I do ask for angels to help me often, so tonight I will light a candle for you and Jake and send my angels to you. xxx

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Linda,
I said a little prayer for you and your beloved little Jake...
Warmly,
Deb

Rhonda said...

PRAYERS coming. Absolutely.

Hang in there Linda. Dogs are so resilient. Things will be all right.

Janiece said...

you are in my prayers along with Jake.
Hang in there.

Lene said...

Oh Linda - I am so sorry. You and Jake will be in our prayers.
Love,
Darlened

Bren's Life said...

Oh Linda! I am heart broken for you. I am so terribly sorry. You are in my prayers along with Jake. And Howard.
Please have Faith & know things will work out for the best. I'm here for you my friend.

Jan said...

Linda, I am so very sorry to hear this news. I am sick about it. I totally understand the love of a pet. I will be thinking about you and your sweet Jake. Prayers will be heard on his behalf.

WheresMyAngels said...

Many prayers. I'm so sorry. Hope he recovers quickly.

hugs