We have had a wonderful time here in Arizona with family and friends. We had an early breakfast this morning then had to say goodbye to my parents as they headed back home to Colorado. We will be here in AZ until Tuesday.
With all of us decked out in our ASU gear, we attended a tailgate BBQ and the ASU football game last night. The Oregon Ducks killed the Sun Devils. Last year's football team was unbeatable and such fun to watch...this year's team is awful! Here are a few pictures from last night.
This is my mom, step-dad Jim, Brandon, and Courtney. My two children are the only grandchildren my mom will ever have and they are her heart! She has always been very involved and interested in their lives. Brandon and Courtney are fortunate to have grandparents that care about and love them so much.
Howard, myself, Brandon, and Courtney as we were heading out to the tailgate BBQ.
This is a picture of Courtney and Mackenzie. Courtney and Mackenzie have known each other since elementary school, been best friends forever, and are now roommates in college. Mackenzie stayed home last year and finished up her first year of college at our local junior college. This is her first year at ASU.
This is Mackenzie's mother Robin and myself. Robin not only sent off Mackenzie to college in August, she sent off her other daughter Macy as well. Talk about being an empty nester.
Like Robin mentioned, this is a picture of my 3 kids! We consider Mackenzie one of our own.
The beautiful grandmothers Rachel and Delores with their beautiful granddaughters.
I love this group shot. Although the food left alot to be desired, the company was excellent. Here are Rachel, Jim, Howard, Linda, Brandon, Courtney, Robin, Delores, and Mackenzie relaxing at dinner before walking to the stadium for the big game.
As you can see, we are ALL proud of our 2 girls. They are good girls who are thriving and becoming independent young women here in AZ. Courtney and Mackenzie, keep up the good work. We love you!





26 comments:
What a fun trip.....(darn those Ducks).....what a special time. Grandparents are so special ....it is so nice for Brandon and Mackenzie to get to know your Mom ( and stepdad) in their adult years.
I am glad you are having a great time!! Safe travels home Tuesday.
What a fun day. I loved all the pictures. I think it's great that the grandparents came too. Your Mom is beautiful and you look like her!
Linda, I am up early with my poodle and I read your sweet comment. We do love our dog too. She 15 yrs. plus and when I read that article I just had to print it.
Your post just brought me back to the years when my children went off to college. Our last three were a little over 1 year apart and there was some years when all three were in college at the same time. They all attended UF, (gators) as did my husband and my children's spouses. LOL. what a fun time in our lives.(and expensive) We still have season tickets and love going to the games.
I love your photos of your family and your daughter's friend and family. The whole day at the game had to be so special. Lovely people having a great football day.
Thanks for sharing your fun time.
Hugs...Jeanne
Linda - what a lovely weekend!!! I just have to say - your hair looks absolutely FABULOUS!!! I love it - its darker than I remembered. Just lovely!!!
Linda, I had to come back to tell you your dog is so adorable, actually beautiful. If she or he were mine I would definitely be in doggy love. What a great header for your blog.
Jeanne
Man, everytime I visit your blog I am astounded at how extremely goodlooking your entire family is! O my goodness! Where ever do you find them? And the doggy cuteness at the top? Love him/her!! Love your family blog. Thanks for your encouraging comments...they mean the world to me.
Hi Linda,
It was nice to see the pictures of you and your family. Looks like you are having a great time.
I hope the person who wins will be a first time winner:) Keep entering them...I finally won. You just never know when it's your turn to win.
Take care.
Deb
I am so glad you are having fun here.. And that it has cooled down a little. I was so excited to finally see a picture of all of you together. That's the 1st picture of Howard I have seen.
I'm sad your leaving tomorrow. We didn't get to meet up!! But I can see you have had a very busy time full of family & fun.
Maybe next time.. Come back soon..
What fun you had!! I put a little something in the mail to you this weekend. Hopefully you will get it when you get home on Tuesday.
Awwww Linda, you guys look so cute and like you had a blast. Your daughters are beautiful too!
Glad you're having fun...safe travels home!
Hugz,
Michele
That looks like so much fun!
Glad to hear you are having a good time.
Enjoy!!!
Linda!!
Congratulations...YOU WON...my giveaway from last week..
Please contact me with your information, so the snail can get going on his journay across the country!!
I hope you have a safe trip back home..and feel filled with the happiness only our most loved ones can bring!
Joyfully HIS,
Joyfullness
Looks like a great weekend!! You and your mom look a lot alike!
I love all the yellow! What a great trip.
Your parents are so cute. Actually, you all are.
What fun and great shots. Everyone is smiling and you can see the joy on your faces.
Ohh, Linda! I have been behind on blogging the past few days. I just read you are here! I would have loved to have met you. When you come for a visit next time, let's try, and plan it, if time permits. :)
Thank you soooo much for the darling Halloween goodies! You sure do know how to make someone's day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
great photos of a great weekend, linda!!! i'm so happy your kids and their grandparent share such a great relationship:) there is NOTHING like that kind of mutual, unconditional love!!!
love,
dani
What a fun time you all had.
I just love memories we've shared of our kids and their high school and college days. It's neat that your parents could join y'all.
Your kids are so cute!
Is this the university where Coach Stoops is the head coach? Bob Stoops is our OU coach and I know his brother is somewhere in AZ.
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing!
To see all that gold makes me think... GO WILDCATS! I'm a University of Arizona alumni.
The gold is our rival!
Hi Linda,
I have a gift for you...come see me and it's not even my 100th post yet!!
Deb
BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!! You have been BOO-ed! Stop by and pick up your treat to put on your sidebar. Have a great day.
I am almost in tears that was so lovely. So glad that you could have such a great time. Loved it all.
What a great time together and I LOVE all the photos-What a wonderful family you have-You are so blessed!
Robin~♥
Oh it looks like you're having a wonderful time! The photos are wonderful!
Isn't AZ the best!!! Love it! Live here. Glad you had a great time with your family.
what a wonderful trip for everyone...I love seeing everyone dressed in their "colors" :o)
Post a Comment