Our Christmas was dramatically different this year yet enjoyable. No family came into town (due to bad traveling weather) so it was unusually quiet. My sister Kim and her husband came for Christmas dinner which was nice. We all helped out in the kitchen and worked together to get dinner prepared. This is new for me. I'm learning to let go of things and enjoy the moment more, trying not to be so in control of everything. I don't have to "do it all" and I'm finally realizing it...and it's sure making life more fun for me and for everyone else in the process. We all helped out with the preparations but here is a picture of my two cute sidekicks and myself...
We originally had planned on more company coming and my thought was to include all of the women with the cooking so I bought aprons for everyone. We ended up only using 3 of the aprons but I thought it would be a cute "party favor" gift idea. My sister kept saying "you mean this apron is mine, really!?!"
Friday, bright and early, Kim and I hit the ground running. We were at our first store by 8:00am and I didn't get home until after 8:00pm. It's all caught up with me today and boy am I tired. This has been a pajama day...and I don't plan on getting dressed. I NEVER do this but I am today!
I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and that you are making time to relax too. I've thought of you so much over the holidays and wondered how you've all been. Each one of you have enhanced my life tremendously and made my Christmas so much more meaningful and festive. I appreciate you so much!
Speaking of appreciation, thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas cards and good mail that was sent my way. I loved it all!
Thank you Kacey!
Thank you Deb!
Thank you Jan!
Thank you Bren!
Thank you Jennifer!
And finally, this is what happens when your daughter gets a hold of your camera. I'd say she's got the SPT idea down pat wouldn't you!





13 comments:
Sure looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Glad your Christmas was good for you!
What a neat idea with the aprons. Sounds like you definitely shopped til you dropped!
Hi Linda!I am a control freak too...LOL. The aprons are darling...such a cute idea! My DH is currently enjoying 2 weeks off and we keep reminding eachother that it's OK to relax and do nothing! We took the kids shopping with their gift cards yesterday and I got a few things too...we still have a LOT of snow but it's raining now so it will all be gone in a matter of time.
Hugs,
Robin
So glad you were able to atleast have some family and friends over for dinner. I love the apron idea.
Have a wonderful New Years celebration.... we are hoping for quiet! Just peace and quiet.
Those aprons and you are so cute! Sounds like you were busy but had a great time--so glad your holiday was happy! THose gifts you received are fabulous--lucky you!
I absolutely love the idea of aprons as a party favor. I always wear an apron when I cook and when I teach young girls how to cook, they wear an apron. Next time, I will give it to them.
I want to know what you bought??? I love the after Christmas shopping, so much fun. I am so glad you had a great Christmas. We will be in Joshua Tree for New Years at our friends home. Wave as you drive by :)
Hey Linda! Looks like a lot of fun had at your house. Your post sounds almost identical to mine in some ways. Stop by when you can and you'll see what I'm talking about. Although your plans changed, I am glad to hear that it was still a good Christmas for ya.
Have a great week ahead!
I love aprons! I am the same way when it comes to "doing things" I have to take care of it...I too am learning it is so much more fun when others are "doing" too!
and as far as Pj's...If I am home I am in them.
Today, my neighbor came and picked me up for church, it is the first time I have been out of my house since the 23rd!!! Yes, the front of my car is STILL covered in snow.
Have a fanstastic day.
and ENJOY your vacation!
So cute! You know I love aprons and it's clear I sent one to the right person. You can't have too many of them! And you're right- they do make great party favors.
Glad you had a good, peaceful holiday. It's been somewhat chaotic around here but that's part of the fun of little ones I guess.
Sounds perfect! Love the aprons.
I love the Christmas skirts and aprons or were they all aprons?
Glad you had a good one. While I want to move to Colorado, I rather just live there when it is warm! lol
I love your aprons. That is so cute! We had a quiet Christmas too here.
Tell Courtney it rained here all day & it was in the 50's after that. So hopefully the weather was good there.
Although I loved the cold crisp air. I finally had a jacket on for the first time.
Enjoy your time off... I heard the Jim Carey movie is absolutely hilarious... I'm stuck home for the week.. So no movies here.
Post a Comment