Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another Movie Recommendation

I've gone to the movies twice this year already, and if you know me, you know this is quite out of character. I generally don't do movies. No real reason, I'm just not a movie goer.

Some friends called us on Sunday asking us to go with them to see the new Clint Eastwood movie, Grand Torino. I'm so glad we went because we really enjoyed it. This movie is funny, it's sweet, it's intense. It will make you laugh and cry.

I normally don't enjoy movies that have alot of foul language, and this movie has plenty...but I still recommend it. Bring some tissue.

16 comments:

April said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Linda! I like Clint Eastwood, so I'll have to check it out. I'm sure I wouldn't have to talk my husband into it!

Unknown said...

I really like Clint Eastwood and I love funny movies that make me cry. So...guess I need to go see this one!
:) Diane

Anonymous said...

I ♥ Clint!

Natasha said...

Love the new blog look, Linda!

Natasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janiece said...

I love Clint Eastwood, but usually avoid "R" rated movies.
I am not a theater kind of person, but I think I will be renting it when it is on DVD.

Da Bergs said...

Yeah, I heard there was a lot of language... dang.

Bren's Life said...

I was so bummed when I saw that it was rated R.. I don't see R movies either.
Glad you liked it. I love movies & love going. But it's hard to find a good one to see that isn't R....

dani said...

i've heard it is really, really good, linda... i'm so glad you enjoyed it:) it is definitely one i will see!
love,
dani

michelle said...

I was so happy to read your recommendation! I was just wondering if this was a good movie. It juist went on this weekends list! :)

Rhonda said...

Always good to have a recommendation instead of going into a movie with no idea.

I'm like you....I rarely get to the movies. So, when I do I like to know I didn't waste my money on a movie that was horrible.

Karen said...

Hello Linda!
Thanks for visiting me on my blog! You are right, we do have a lot in common. I had to laugh about your comment regarding never going to the movies. We NEVER go to the movies, but my husband and I have made a date this Friday night to go see Gran Torino as my husband is a big Clint Eastwood fan. We haven't been since "Wild Hogs". HA!
Looking forward to more of your posts!
HAGD! Karen

Darlene said...

I had another friend tell me this movie was really good.

I am glad Jake is doing well with his new wheels. I'm sure he will get used to them in no time at all. Give him a little hug from Lucy, Chelsea and myself.♥

kitchenditcher said...

The ladies at my work loved this movie. They said Clint did a great job!

chelle said...

Good to know. I love Eastwood. And laughing through my tears is my favorite emotion. m

Daphine said...

Thanks for the recommendation! We'll have to check this one out too!