So here's the question: We received an unexpected notice in the mail today. Unbeknownst to little sis (daughter), she got a traffic ticket back in December for speeding. She was going 58 in a 45 mile zone. Guess she got caught on camera. I hope she has $171.00 on hand and I hope Arizona has traffic school.
When was the last time you got a traffic ticket and how much did yours cost?
By the way, daughter also got another ticket while on Christmas break for zipping past a toll booth. She didn't know about the toll booth or the ticket until the mail came.
I think I'll just stop getting the mail!





20 comments:
Oopsey...that's no fun! I am happy to report that I haven't had a speeding ticket in about 11 years! We were driving back from Orlando to AL. and I was wanting to get home so badly because the girls were tired and cranky. We got about 1/2 mile from our house and I saw the blue lights in my rear view mirror...my heart sank! I tried batting my brown eyes at the policeman, but no luck. I can't remember for sure, but I think it cost us about $85. My hubby wasn't too happy. I won't even go into how many HE'S gotten! For shame, for shame! :)
Knock on wood, I have only gotten 1 ticket for speeding. I was going 40 in a 30. I have been stopped once after that but got a warning.
That's no good! I haven't had one for a long time and I don't remember how much it was. They have really gone up though.
oh, no!!! we don't have camera's here, linda. so, we always have the opportunity to "sweet talk" our way out of a ticket... in my life i've been able to do just that, TWICE.
i was not so lucky, though, when traveling through alabama en route to florida for vacation:/ in 1995, that was the only ticket i ever received. i was going 52 in a 35, and my ticket cost me $150.
love,
dani
ps i think i'd just boycott the mail, too:b
Haven't gotten a ticket in a while, but a couple years ago, Nadine, two friends and their Mom and I all went shopping. I was driving to this mall about an hour away. We were talking and laughing and all of a sudden I see a State Trooper next to us pointing at me to slow down! We had a good laugh, and thank goodness I didn't get a ticket!
It's like Christmas morning in your mailbox! Only there's a no return policy on this one.
Yuck.
My last ticket was 12 years ago. On my birthday.
Ok as someone who live is AZ. If the car is registered in your name and not Little Sis, you can ignore it. As the registered owner, by law, you are not required to tell them who was driving the car when the picture was taken. These speeding cameras are causing quite a debate here. They are set up in places where the speed limit drops suddenly. There is one camera by the campus that has taken more pictures than any other camera and when the police were questioned why so many pictures were being taken they said they put it there purposely because the speed limits drops suddenly and people get caught easily speeding. Totally unfair....oh don't even get me started.
BTW....I am not even going to say how long it has been. Karma baby Karma.
I haven't had a ticket in about 20 years and don't think I am not nervous saying that. I'll probably get one today!
Oh no! Somethings we have to learn the hard way! The last ticket I had was when I was expecting my first son...20 years ago...WOW! I think it was around $60 but I could be wrong...It was my second ticket in 2 years....so I decided to be a good driver...I didn't like paying those devilish things and I sure didn't like paying higher ins. $171 is a lot of money...
I probably should not even be writing this...I have been so proud of the fact that it has been 20 years...I hope to make it 21...LOL Blessings, Nancy
Oh those nasty Phoenix cameras. Pros and cons about them for sure. A friend of our daughter got two tickets in the mail for the same trip 6 blocks apart. They tried to contest it but to no avail.
I am proud to say that I haven't had a ticket for 21 years. I was given the option of paying (I can't remember how much) or going to an all-day traffic school. I chose school.
Those cameras are EVERYWHERE in the valley. Sorry she had to learn the hard way.
Good question!
I got a ticket a couple years ago, but fought it and won. The officer stopped me because he said I drove too close to car in front of me. I wasn't.
My last ticket was 4 or 5 years ago! I was NOT happy!!!!
I seem to get a ticket pretty much every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
My husband will sweetly ask if I would like him to pay it and count it as a "Christmas Gift"!
Oh well...
I am not sure how I feel about tickets that are done by camera.
What if you had just cut the tip of your finger off and you were rushing to the hospital?
Or how do you cry yourself out of them??
OK so none of those work for me...BUT Still!!!
Good Luck Little Sis, I think I would be more worried about insurance.
Oh YUCK...I hate that kind of mail!
oh the things i have to look forward to.. eek. i suppose grounding is outta the question these days.. LOL
I have never gotten a ticket. I got a warning once.
One time I was was going 43 or so in a 35 and an officer was passing me going the other direction and he shook his finger at me....like he was saying...."slow down."
I've also run a toll booth (same one) twice in Dallas.
I did try to pay at the second stop and the lady just gave me a card with the phone number on it and told me to call.
Then I did it again another time. I e-mailed them that time. Pretty soon they're gonna say "We're not fallin' for your excuses anymore, Val!"
Oh, that is expensive!
I haven't gotten a ticket for 10 years when all of a sudden last summer, I got two speeding tickets in a months time :(
Looks like it time for more Tough Love! Ouch!
My last speeding ticket was about six years ago and cost me $150. Yikes!
Well I am also going to say 'touch wood' because I have never had a ticket for anything as yet, but my husband has had a few and the last one cost $350! Now that one really hurt! lol Just stopping by to wish you a wonderful week Linda sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)
I just got one last month. I was sliding on the ice and no one was coming so I did not FULLY stop at a stop sign.
I think it was totally unfair. So I am going to court. Any tips? M
Post a Comment