But how can you resist this cute face!?!
We just got home from our little trip a few hours ago, thank the good Lord, safe and sound. I'll be working the next few days and I'm kinda glad because I need a break from this little guy. He's so needy (SPOILED!)
Now I know he can't get around anymore but he's milking it for all it's worth let me tell you. And he still doesn't like his new cart. I put him in it today and made him walk around a bit. He made a beeline for the motorhome steps. No exercise for this one. He wants to be carried around all day.
He wants to sit in my lap, or right next to me, touching me, ALL THE TIME. If I put him down on a blanket on the floor, he cries, LOUDLY, to get my attention.
I put him on the floor when we got home so I could get some stuff out of the motorhome and I could hear his cries all the way in the garage.
And to top it all off, I'm so sick of smelling like urine. He dribbles. I know he can't help it.
So the break will be good. I've been cooped up with Jake for the last 6 days and truthfully, he's like having a newborn 24/7.
I've created a monster. I think it's time for this mom to get tough.





20 comments:
Sounds like you need to get some doggy diapers Linda....LOL.
I have some leftover from when my Sadie was in heat...I can send them to you...teehee.
Glad you're home!
Hugs,
Robin
Good luck on the getting tough. I was harsh with my little doggie tonight and she ran under the bed and cried.
I did not even let a minute pass until I was under the bed trying to comfort her. I am useless at this tough love thing. Let me know if you learn any tricks. m
Awww...but just look at his sweet little innocent face, Linda! Don't be too tough on that baby! :)
Glad to hear that you made it back safe and sound! Have an awesome day!
Poor Linda, poor Jake. Tough love is hard!
what a cute little monster he is though! I can sure understand you needing the break. Your such a good mommy to him!
I would not be able to resist that adorable little face!
It's just so good to see him looking so healthy after his recent illness.
He just loves his mama!
Oh LInda, it is hard to get too tough when you look at that little Jake, what a sweet face. He sure does have your wrapped around his paw, but we gotta do what we gotta do when it comes to our fur babies.
Obviously Jake just LOVES you and feels secure with you. Your a good mom.
How could you not spoil a face like that?!?
Good luck with the unspoiling...I have never been very good with tough love.
Awwww Linda...he's just tooo cute! I don't know if I could be tough with him tho! I tried with Bear...and it just didn't work!
Hugz,
Michele
I never have been a tough love kind of mom.
I do have to say that the little doggy dipers do work.
Our breeder keeps them on her little males...because they get a bit excited.
Glad you are home safe and sound.
I hope Jake grows to like her new wheels!
Awwww but he is just tooooo CUTE to resist! And he is a poodle to boot...that has me right there!!!!! I think doggie diapers will work. He may not appreciate them but hey, we gotta do what we gotta do!♥
Thats funny. Even being pottied on is like a new mom.
You need a girls night out. Or a babysitter.
I would need a break too! What does he do while your gone, does hubby carry him around?
Our dog is an outdoor dog & I'm glad, I already have kids I'm tripping over. I couldn't handle the dog fighting for my attention non stop too.
But go figure I would love to get a puppy someday to have inside..
Hi Linda,
I was just wondering how Jake was doing and now I know!!!I think it may be tough to be tough with that little sweetie:)The more he uses his wheels the more he'll feel like his old self. Does the place where his wheels came from have any suggestions?!
Jackson Brown is still naughty when I don't give him the attention he wants. He had a time out today and we both liked that:)
Take care.
Warmly,
Deb
Oh goodness...he must be related to our Precious!
He might be a monster.. but he's a cute monster :o)
Aw, I bet tough love is gonna be hard. Yes, it does sound like a newborn!
i can totally empathize with you, linda!!! the answer is, "no", i wouldn't be able to resist spoiling him rotten. maggie is perfectly healthy; i can't resist her, either!!! (and, she TOTALLY knows it;)
i'm sure with all his special needs that you do need time away here-and-there from him. but, he is your baby, and time away can be hard, too!!!
love,
dani
ps i'm glad you made it home safely:D
I'm better at Tough Love with my kids than with my dog! Your little guy is too cute and I would have a hard time scolding him, too (though the dribbling urine part sounds rather grim).
That's the cutest little monster I've ever seen! I know that situation must be frustrating though.
I wanted to thank you for following my blog and to invite you to visit soon...I have a couple of new posts after being lazy for awhile! Hope to see you soon! Blessings, Robin
Post a Comment