Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Was Not Disappointed!

Tai Pan Trading rocks!

Leigh Anne summed it up perfectly when she said "Tai Pan is like Disneyland for Home Decor"...and I now also have to agree with Tammy who said "I heart Tai Pan" because after my Friday afternoon visit, I heart Tai Pan too! I was not disappointed!

To make this little shopping excursion even sweeter, another favorite store of mine was located right next door. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the signs Tai Pan Trading and The Alley right next to each other. I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. The only thing that would have been better was if you had been there with me!

Like I mentioned, this was my first time ever shopping at Tai Pan. I had heard about them but none were located in California...until this summer. I knew I'd make the stop sooner or later and Friday was the day. This store is a decorator's dream. It's stocked with beautiful artificial flowers, greenery, dishes, prints, mirrors, pottery, some furniture, and much much more.

I browsed Tai Pan for about 2 hours, taking it all in. They had tons and tons of Easter accessories out already too. Everything was so beautiful. I can only imagine this place at Christmas!

Here's a picture of some of the things I bought...


I bought the artificial palm to go here. I've spent so much on real palms and they die in no time at all. This artificial one looks as close to real as they come.


I'd been looking for these green topiary balls for awhile now so I was thrilled when both stores had a good selection. I took my candles off of the candle holders in my living room and stuck them on top...just for a different look.



I brought home 2 of these which I just love. I put one in the spare bedroom and placed an urn/plant on top of it. I need to find something to go on this second one.


Also picked up this plant (again artificial). I'm thinking I'll put it in a container or on a plate and display it here.


In the first picture you can see the beautiful bunny picture, straw carrots, and silver hearts I bought. I picked up some other Easter items too and I'll try and show you them in a day or two. I just quickly snapped these pictures tonight before it got to late.

All in all it was a great weekend. Fun times with RV buddies and a fun time shopping. Literally, I was a happy camper!

17 comments:

diane said...

I love the button bunny. I've only been to Tai Pan in Utah so I could only buy picture frames and small stuff. I need to go on a field trip to this new store.

Cynthia said...

I'm glad they have one by you now. I live pretty close to their main store but I've shopped with them since they were a 'wholesale only' crappy warehouse.

You got some great stuff! It's sensory overload to go in that store. So much to look at and take in. I got all my Christmas ornaments there this past season and it is an amazing place to be at that time of year.

Mari said...

I've never heard of that store but I can see I would love it. Those topiary balls are so cute!

Nonnas News said...

What a fun weekend! We dont have any Tai Pan Trading stores around here that I know of. We do have IKEA, which is a fun store too.

April said...

I can definitely see why you were such a happy camper...just look at all those great finds! Wow...sure wish we had a Tai Pan in our neck of the woods!

Darlene said...

I LOVE all your goodies!!! I have never even heard of that store. It sounds really NEAT!!! I'll have to google it and see where they are located.

Bren's Life said...

Oh my Goodness! I would of given anything to be there with you. But I guess I should wait until Troy has a job to shop like that..
I LOVE Love the carrots & all the cute things you got. The artificial plants do look so real. Great idea..
Dang- Did you make it to the campground before dark? I would of called all the women to meet you there & tell the guys to have fun camping..

Janiece said...

Love. Love it!!!

tammy said...

I'm jealous! I'm going to have to plan a trip now.

Da Bergs said...

How fun! Wish I was there with you! I have to tell you I love the piece of furniture your green balls are on!!!

Brenda said...

What a great collection of things! Glad you like the store, now I wish we had one here.

Lisa Loo said...

Never even heard of the store but looks like you got some great things! You have such a flair for decorating--love to see your pictures.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Linda,
I had no idea what you were talking about when you said Tai Pan...I thought it was a place to eat :) duh..
How fun to find a new store with all the treasures that you Love!! Looks like you didn't go crazy in there..
How's my little Jake doing??? Any wheelies??
Off to make dinner...just had to see Ya!!!
Warmly,
Deb

Misty said...

Haven't been by in a while.... CUTE stuff, you!

Nadine said...

I've never been to that store or heard of it, but it surely has some nice things. I love the palm you bought. The topiary balls are also very nice on the candle holders.

Gena said...

Happy belated Blogoversary! I am still trying to catch up on blog reading and posting.

I've never heard of Tai Pan trading company, but after seeing your goodies, I wish I had! I don't think we have anything like that down here - just your typical Michael's or Hobby Lobby. I love all the goodies you got there!

Have a wonderful week.

valerie said...

I love all of your purchases. What a great store!
I'm glad you were a happy camper. :)