Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It Doesn't Take Much...

When it comes to holidays, I realize most of them, if not all of them, are for children. I was one to go all out with the decorations and always had cupcakes and treats for my kids and for their special friends too...and I still do to some extent. I've loved doing this for them and I'll continue to do it for as long as they'll let me!

As a Mom, I've never wanted or expected anything in return but now that my children are older and over 18, there is one thing that I truly do want from them every now and then...and that's a nice, heartfelt card. My children know that for Christmas for example, their Dad and I don't "need" anything as we're very lucky in that regard, but a card from them means the world to us...to me.

After all these years, I think my daughter now realizes this about me. I didn't get any flowers delivered or chocolates in the mail for Valentine's Day...but I got the absolute perfect gift and it made my day...



Thank you Sis! I love you!

17 comments:

April said...

There is nothing quite like getting a card from your child that comes "straight from the heart". So sweet!

Michele said...

Awww Linda ~ that's so sweet! I, too, love cards...but I love it when they make them for me. I've kept each and every one of them. I go back and read them and cry every time!

Hugz,
Michele

chelle said...

That is so sweet. Better than chocolate I would say! M

tammy said...

That is the best!

WheresMyAngels said...

Your blog was blank on post for a bit. Everything else was in place but not a single post on it. Blogger must be having a moment.


I love things like that.

MiMi said...

How sweet! I am also a card lover and am completely satisfied with no gift and a heartfelt card.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. I hope that you will stop back by again very soon.

Have a great day!

Nadine said...

I love cards. I tell my kids a card goes a long way.

What a blessing to receive such a heartfelt card.

Brenda said...

Thoughtfulness and heartfelt are more precious than any gift.

Bren's Life said...

She is so sweet! You raised her right! I want to Thank you for the cute little Valentines stuff you sent me. I was so excited to open the mailbox & see it the other day..
Thanks!

wendy said...

I too feel like you kind of get to a point where we don't NEED things. But loving words are savored forever. And then when you start getting little notes from the grandkids...well that's about the most awesomest (is that a word) thing ever.

Darlene said...

That is just a BEAUTIFUL card and the words are just perfect.♥

Bren's Life said...

I missed your I'm Nosy Friday question. Did you have to work today? I missed ya.
You are so Wonderful my friend. I just got back from the mailbox. My Goodness. Thank you so very much. I can not thank you enough!

dani said...

there is something very special and personal about receiving a card... i guess that it is the knowledge that someone has spent time looking for just the right message that is uniquely a reflection of you. little sis did well in her choosing, linda:)
love,
dani

Janiece said...

Letter or little love notes from our children are so amazing.
Glad "Sis" has that amazing quality. I am pretty sure I know where she gets it from.

Lisa Loo said...

I know what you mean---my daughters tribute on her blog is priceless to me. Stuff is really just stuff--isn't it?

Natasha said...

That's sweet!

Meggie said...

Linda! I know what you mean about greetig cards. The smallest gesture can mean so much.