Friday, March 25, 2011

It's Friday


And I'm nosy...

So here's the question: How many siblings do you have? Sisters? Brothers? Are you great friends with your siblings?

I am the oldest of three girls, no brothers in the family.

My middle sister is 3 years younger and we have always been best friends. She is incredibly funny, beautiful, soft hearted, and generous to a fault. I cannot ever picture my life without her in it.

My youngest sister is 9 years younger than I am and is one of the nicest, sweetest people you'd ever meet. She NEVER says anything bad about anyone and I respect her so much for that character trait. It's just not in her nature to bad mouth anyone or anything. She too is beautiful, funny, soft hearted, and generous!

I am beyond blessed with wonderful sisters and that is the one thing that I will always feel sad about for my own daughter. I wish she was able to experience life with a sister, but you know what, God is good! God blessed my daughter with a fabulous long time best friend that is a true sister of the heart. I'm sure they will be best friends and sisters for life!

17 comments:

gigi said...

I am the oldest of 5. 4 girls and a beloved baby brother. We were all born in less than a 6 years. We were little door steps. I have always been closest to my brother. Family is the best parts of life.

Amy said...

There are 6 kids in my family - 3 boys and 3 girls. I am the second oldest and the oldest girl. I get along with all of my siblings but I can't say that any of them are a best friend but I love them all anyway. We are all there for each other through everything.

Jen S. said...

Sounds like you have two very wonderful sisters....that's so awesome!

I hope your weekend is going well!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am the oldest of three girls and we have nothing in common. Its sad and I envy those that have sisters that are close...
Love your blog

mCat said...

I'm the second of four and the oldest girl.

Me and my brother were basically raised together. I was 11 before my next sister came along and when she was three is when my parents were divorced and dad died. Mom moved away with the two little girls and re-married so they were basically raised by another father.

My brother and I are extremely close. WIth our spouses we are all best friends.

It took some time for the relationships to develop with the younger sisters, but now we are all tight. Like a litter of puppies!

Donna said...

I have an older sister and a younger brother. We get along really well. I had another brother that passed away last year. He was the youngest of all of us.

Sounds like you have wonderful sisters!

Connie said...

I have an older brother and a younger sister. We're 2 years apart. I have always loved my siblings. There were some of the squabbles of growing up and being in each other's space but nothing serious. I still get along very well with them and their spouses. I just wish we lived closer so we can "play" more often.

Natasha said...

There are 5 of us and I am the oldest. I am only close to my brother who is the youngest. (He's the one in Monterrey.)

Lene said...

I am the youngest of 5. One sister and 3 brothers. My oldest brother passed away 5 years ago and I still have days where I want to pick up the phone and ask him a question. I consider my sister to be my best friend. I think we are all pretty close and I know if there is ever anything I need I can ask them.

Kim Sue said...

Just Kacey and I. I'm the oldest by 6 years.

Cheri said...

I am the baby, I have a sister 14 years older than me and a brother 4 years older than me. We aren't as close as I wish we were when I was younger.

Bren's Life said...

I have 2 older brothers... Used to be close to them kindof. But not anymore. Only talk to them when the family gets together for b-days & holidays...
It's been even harder since my nephews suicide. I was super close to him...

Bren's Life said...

I have 2 older brothers... Used to be close to them kindof. But not anymore. Only talk to them when the family gets together for b-days & holidays...
It's been even harder since my nephews suicide. I was super close to him...

Janiece said...

I have been blessed with the most amazing siblings ever...
I am the oldest of 5 siblings, the scary thing is the youngest...my sister, Lene is only 8 years younger than me!!!!
My poor mom....
Lene and I have 3 brothers between us.
My brother, Bruce passed away a few years back...it still breaks my heart.
My other two brothers are amazing. I know that they will always be there for me. My little sis, well...I think you know how I feel about her. She is my best friend and the one person that I know will always be there for me.
I feel so very lucky!

I can only imagine what your sisters must be like, because you are AMAZING!!

Janiece said...

I have been blessed with the most amazing siblings ever...
I am the oldest of 5 siblings, the scary thing is the youngest...my sister, Lene is only 8 years younger than me!!!!
My poor mom....
Lene and I have 3 brothers between us.
My brother, Bruce passed away a few years back...it still breaks my heart.
My other two brothers are amazing. I know that they will always be there for me. My little sis, well...I think you know how I feel about her. She is my best friend and the one person that I know will always be there for me.
I feel so very lucky!

I can only imagine what your sisters must be like, because you are AMAZING!!

Michelle Alley said...

I have one sister and one brother. My sister and I were never close growing up. We got along on most days, but I think I played the part of an annoying little sister very well! Now, I would consider her my best friend and the one person I would call to talk.

What a great question!

Mimi said...

HI!!
I have 2 sisters and 1 brother!!
I was the 2nd girl, inbetween 2 sisters!Boy is the baby!!
Are we close???
We all live in different areas, sis and bro live in suberbs of Chicago, sis lives in Seattle suberb.
We talk or type to each other, I wish I lived near them, they all abandoned me....even my MOm left for Mo!!
hugs,
jamie