Monday, November 16, 2009

The Many Colors Of Hawaii & Blue Monday - Part II


Thank you Sally for hosting Blue Monday each week. To join in the fun or to visit other Blue Monday participants, click here.

Again, Blue Monday...Maui style! Are these telephone booths still around anymore?


With the exception of our zipline day, I've walked between 4 and 4 1/2 miles each morning. It's been glorious, walking in the sunshine and taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of Maui. It will be hard leaving this heavenly place. I love the Hawaiian lifestyle and feel I could easily adapt to living here. It would be a perfect fit, but until we win the lottery or somehow strike it rich, we'll be heading back to the mainland on Wednesday, and back to reality.

You never know what beauty or wonder awaits you in Hawaii, so I've made it a habit to take my camera with me most mornings. The green seems greener, the ocean more blue from one day to the next, and the flowers, oh, the beautiful flowers...








Stop back by tomorrow, I think a Hawaiian giveaway is in order!

Aloha and Happy Monday!

19 comments:

Mari said...

Some day I have to visit Hawaii! Your flower shots are beautiful!

April said...

Oh, my goodness, Linda! Those pictures are breathtaking, to say the least! I have got to visit Hawaii this summer!

Blondie's Journal said...

Linda~~

We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon 100 years ago... The biggest thing I was impressed with was the flowers. I loved looking at your pictures. Great memories came back!

4 1/2 miles a day. I think I spent all day lying by the pool

Lucky you!

xoxo
Jane

Cheri said...

Well Congratulations on walking 4 - 41/2 miles! Your flower photos are beautiful, the color is breath taking.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Wow those flowers are beautiful! I'm not sure how you'll be able to leave this place.
I woke up to looking out the window at snow.
Glad you have been able to be there, thanks for sharing all the photos.

Anonymous said...

The flowers are gorgeous. Good for you on your walking. I bet it makes a difference when the surroundings are that beautiful.

Emma said...

Wow I love maui!!

glad you are havein fun!

diane said...

The flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing a bit of paradise.

So nice that your daughter was able to come out and be with you.

Kim Sue said...

Beautiful! Here's to winning the lottery!

Cheri said...

Linda,

Are you going to move to Colorado next year?

Cheri

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I absolutely adore Hawaii, especially Maui. Your photos of flowers are fabulous!

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

Beautiful flowers!!!!!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Linda, I just caught up on the last few post that I missed. I am so glad your daughter got to fly over to paradise to join you for a few days! I really want to go back with each pic I see, someday! Sue

9405018--Pat said...

Your pictures are gorgeous.....thanks for sharing.....Pat H

Wendy said...

Thank you for visiting my blog today. your pictures are beautiful! It looks like a great vacation! I have been enjoying going through your posts :)

valerie said...

You're right....everything is just more beautiful there.
These flowers are so pretty.
I love the atmosphere there. I think I could live there very happily ever after. :)
I'll be back tomorrow to see what's up with the giveaway.
I'm so glad you all have had such a great vacation.
Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Hawaii, but it sure is beautiful. Perhaps one day ...

However, because I live in Florida, I've seen many of these blooms. I agree that they're gorgeous. Have a Happy Blue Monday.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Beautiful Flower Pics ! I like your Blue Monday pic, too.8~)
~Myrna

dani said...

beautiful... simply beautiful.
l,
d xxx