Monday, January 25, 2010

Blue Monday



Happy Blue Monday! Thank you Sally for hosting Blue Monday each week. To join in the fun or to visit other Blue Monday participants, click here.

I'm sure many of you have read about and heard news reports regarding the massive amount of rain California received last week. It rained for days on end and I see we're in for more rain this week.

Last week, my backyard, as well as everybody elses yard, became flooded with all the rain. I shared this photo last Wednesday of the flooding we had going on in our backyard...


It would rain something fierce and then let up for awhile, allowing the earth to soak up some of the water before the next big rain would hit again. This cycle went on and on but there was one day when it cleared up and we were greeted with this clear, beautiful blue sky...


This particular afternoon it had stopped raining so I decided to run out fast and get a few things done. I had just stopped for gas and a raspberry tea and was heading home when I noticed this gorgeous sky right in front of me. Everytime I see something like this I'm in awe and so thankful to God for His artwork and I'm reminded just how small I am in comparison to this great big majestic world that we live in. It humbles me each and every time.

Take care and Happy Monday!

25 comments:

Luna said...

What beautiful pictures!
We've got snow and frosty temps!
Have a good Blue Monday!!
Hugs...Luna

aspiritofsimplicity said...

We had what is referred to here as the Mother's Day floods a few years back. When the sun finally came back out it was as if everything was given a good face washing and looked as good as brand new.

Mari said...

What a gorgeous sky picture!

April said...

I'm sure that beautiful blue sky peeking through was a much welcomed change from all that rain you've been having! So pretty!

Debbiedoos said...

What a great pic to capture!! Nothing like a blue sky!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful picture! Hope your week is a great one, Linda!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful pictures! I hope you are able to dry out a bit.
We're enjoying snow this morning.
I look forward to spring.

Loretta said...

What a lovely picture Linda! I love it when we witness God's glory through nature! I does make you feel small in the scheme of things but it's comforting to know that we serve an Almighty God who not only paints the earth and sky with His hand, but also wants a relationship with ME!(and you of course) Awesome! Hugs my friend!

Joyce said...

That is a gorgeous picture. I feel the same when I see a huge expanse of sky.

It is raining cats and dogs here today...I think my mom and I will go to the movies...it's that kind of day.

Diana said...

I have heard about all of your rain Linda and I pray that you get a good break from it soon.
Love Di

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Very nice - hope the rain stops soon.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Linda,
Gald to hear your ankle is 90% better :)
You have the rain ... we had rain here also and today Cold and snow!!!
Love the photo and makes me want spring even more!
Take care.
Warmly,
Deb :)

SmilingSally said...

This winter has been a rough one all across the country. I'm sorry for the gloppy mess that you've experienced, and I hope it dries up soon. You hit the nail on the head when you stopped to give thanks for God and His artwork! Happy Blue Monday, Linda!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Wasn't yesterday glorious? I'm so glad you are able to take a bath. It was months before I was out of cast when I broke my ankle. Hope you aren't overdoing it:)

ellen b. said...

Whoa your yard really did get soaked. All that rain was something for sure. We've been remarking how beautiful everything looks now after all that rain. Enjoy the dry day before the next storm they are predicting!!

LV said...

The weather everywhere has been bad this year. Sorry you are so much rain, but trust it will be better soon. At least mother nature gave you a ray of hope with that sky picture.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous sky!
I have a book review and give-a-way on my blog today..........come on by!

Chubskulit Rose said...

That's a pretty site but at the same time not good if it will last for long.

Blue Sky

Kim, USA said...

Yeah that sky is really awesome. Same here if I see something that caught my eye I grab my camera and click it go!! ^_^

Recycling

Diann said...

Hi Linda!

that sky picture is just beautiful! We have had rain for the last few days when we should be having snow. Of course, here in Michigan, we are used to a lot of rain. I hope you get through your rainy period if little to no damage.

Glo said...

I love it when things like this stop me in my tracks and remind me of the beauty around me. I try to remind myself everyday to look for it. God created so many wonderful, beautiful things....some days I just need to be reminded to open up my eyes and see them!
Great Blue Monday picture!

Unknown said...

Looks like you have a wonderful back yard, even if it is under water right now! Thanks for visiting! Hope you come back often!

Amy said...

Beautiful picture!

Donna said...

What a beautiful sky picture, Linda. Hope the rain soon stops.

prashant said...

What a gorgeous sky picture!

Work from home India