If you've been reading my blog for very long, you also know that we will hopefully be putting our home on the market some time this year. So now you might be asking yourself "why would they spend the time and money to redo their swimming pool when they plan on moving? Are they crazy!?" Well, maybe we are a little crazy but we feel that in order to get top dollar in today's market, your home needs to be in tip top shape. It needs to stand out from the rest. The last 2 projects that we've done, redoing the roof and swimming pool, will help move us in that direction.
As you can see from the "before" pictures below, the 20 year old plaster and tile was really showing it's age...
The hardest part about the project was picking out the new tile because there are so many beautiful tile samples out there to choose from. It's also one of the first things you need to decide on as the tile is installed early on. We found that for us the best thing to do was to bring home lots of samples and then just start eliminating the one's that didn't work. We narrowed it down to two tiles, but in the end we chose this pretty, textured blue tile. I think we made the right choice...
Some "during" photos...
I don't know what I expected but the process was pretty easy and painless as home projects go. Maybe it was so easy because everything was contained outdoors. Finally, a home project that didn't turn the inside of the house upside down!
The pool renovation took about a week from start to finish and we're really pleased with the results. We just keep asking ourselves "what took us so long to get this done!?!
Another home project completed...and just in time for summer!


37 comments:
Oh, it's gorgeous! I want to jump in!!
Thats looks very nice! Get in there and enjoy it this summer!!
It looks beautiful. I will be envious this summer during July and August, the two months of the year that I always want a pool. :)
http://40daysof.wordpress.com/2010/04/25/its-spring-in-the-family-room/
Oh my goodness! It looks great! I have to agree with you. Having the big stuff done will make your home more appealing to a buyer. This looks wonderful! Good luck!
~Liz
I agree, Linda, that you made the right choice; that is just gorgeous! I do hope that you get to enjoy it before you sell. Happy Blue Monday.
Your pool is beautiful. Great tile choice. I miss our pool we had on our first house. Too much granite in our yard here for one.
That is so beautiful! I think I would live out there. I can't believe the difference. I looks awesome!
Now go take a picture of yourself out there in the middle of that pool on some cute little floatie thingy.
And post it of course!
Your pool is lovely...I like the blue. We'd have to dynamite to have a pool here : )
I want your back yard, that is gorgeous! Enjoy it this summer until you sell.
Oh Linda ~ it turned out gorgeous! Ahhhh...to have warm weather here again...I can't wait!
Hugz,
Michele
Looks wonderful Linda! I love the blue tile.
Isn't it amazing how all projects make such a mess....for a while anyway....love it when everything is back to normal!
Oh, your pool is beautiful. I'm so jealous. Too cold here for the pool to be opened yet. Usually the middle to end of May. I'm a follower now so I don't miss a thing.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~
It's just beautiful.....and makes my heart skip a beat or two! We just looked at a house where unfortunately the owner does NOT share your viewpoint about fixing up her pool. (Could be why it still sits unsold!!) Thanks for the great pics. Lori
so beautiful....I would love to have a pool but we do not have a large enough yard..that's per my hubby! haha
What a beautiful pool! I love the blue tile that you
picked out!
Debbie
Linda, your pool is beautiful. You are probably right about today's real estate market. I'm agreement with you. I think that beautiful pool will grab somebody's attention for sure!
It is absolutely beautiful!
I could definitely see myself sunning right there!
Great pictures gal!
That is beautiful. I am so jealous. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it before you move.
Swimming poos are nice to have, but require a lot of time and work. I trust your hard work pays off for you when selling. You have a lovely place.
Wow Linda it looks absolutely gorgeous!!
Now I just need to know 'When's the party??!!
Oh my gosh, Linda, it looks beautiful! I like the tile you chose. Very nice!
Well it sure does make me want to go for a dip! I loved your tile choice,beautiful! Love Di ♥
Ahhh.... that last pictures looks like summer from where I'm sitting!
Oh, can I dip my toes in?
Great job!
It's beautiful Linda!
Looks so refreshing.
All of a sudden it got really cool here this afternoon.
We've got the heater back on this evening. So crazy!
really?!?!?!
thats in your back yard?!?!?!?
beautiful!!!!!!!!
can i come lay out???? and bring finley?;-)
You backyard area is so beautiful...the pool looks great. We had a pool two houses ago in Palm Springs. I kind of miss it. Even though I hardly ever stepped foot in it...it looked good:)
Linda, that pool is GORGEOUS! I love the tile you chose. And, apparently you did a great job on choosing a contractor since it was done so well so quickly! =)
Okay Linda....where do I sign up to buy your home...the pool turned out beautiful!!...I love all the boulders along one side and the seperate jacuzzi...You lucky lady...where will you be moving to?
The pool looks great! Love the boulders around it. Good luck with the sale of your home it is beautiful.
Oh it looks so inviting!
The pool looks great! I love the boulders. Good luck on the sale of your home!
~ Tracy
It turned out great!!! I like the tiles you picked out. Isn't it funny how a decision like that is so hard to make. We have a liner in our pool (around here we have to because of the clay we have). It took me forever to decide because I wanted the water to look a certain color and I knew the liner we picked out would determine the over end result. It took me forever. My husband was not very happy with me!!
And don't get me started about the color of our cement........
Linda, I love the tile you chose, the finished product looks amazing! I also read the next post about your friend, how very sad, I hope a miracle happens! Sue
wow, it looks amazing!! and so inviting!
Beautiful tile and great result. Good luck with your sale. It seems like a good moment right now. Hope you'll stop by if you have time. Jane F.
Looks fabulous!
Love the tile you picked out. Everything looks for fresh and inviting!
Thanks for stopping by Atticmag, after seeing JaneF's comment (above). There are three of us at AM, and today you commented on the boys room decor/wallpaper which I wrote. Thank you! I love meeting new bloggers too. Hope to see you again soon.
Allison
Post a Comment