Sunday, November 16, 2008

52 Blessings

Even though the last 3 weeks have been very stressful and I don't understand why certain events have happened, I still feel blessed. Worship music always soothes my soul.



The current California fires are not a threat to us personally but please keep those families who have lost their homes in your thoughts and prayers today. Such devastation is a real tragedy.

Also, please keep my sister Kim in your prayers if you would. Last week Kim fell off of a ladder (about 9 feet) landing smack dab on the concrete. She broke her upper arm, has a whopper of a black eye, and every muscle in her body is sore. She is in a wheelchair right now and on lots of pain meds. I visited her today and the poor thing is pretty beat up. It was quite an accident.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more on all your comments!

Da Bergs said...

Can you believe all the damage??? It is sooooooooooo scary! They are in my prayers... I agree, I love good music!

Mari said...

Worship music is great and Michael W Smith is my favorite. I think I have every CD he has done!

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed! I know I got my fill this morning at church. Thank the good Lord! I listen to it every morning on my way to drop kids off at school. Its just lifts your spirit~ Take care~

Nadine said...

I pray that your sister heals completely and quickly.

I agree about worship music, nothing sets my mind on Him and being in his presence than worship. Great song.

chelle said...

I will keep Kim in my prayers.

The fires in California are scary. Such a tragedy.

Thank for the uplifting music. m

Mandi said...

Oh Linda, Poor Kim, I will be thinking of her. Thanks for the message, it was so lovely. I did think about you when I saw the fires and was going to try and call on Saturday or Sunday night, but as you know other "things" got in the way, will try again soon.

Jan said...

I hope your sister is doing better! What a nasty thing to have happen! I can only imagine how much she hurts! Keeping her in my prayers!

Michele said...

Hi Linda ~ I will be praying for your sister...hope she feels better soon. And hope Jake is feeling better too!

Hugz,
Michele

dani said...

oh goodness, linda, your sister was so lucky she wasn't hurt much worse... but still!!! i will definitely say a prayer for her and your neighbors. california fires are SO wicked!!!
much love,
dani

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Your poor sister!

I hope she's on the mend soon.

Janiece said...

My goodness lady...Enough is enough!!
I agree with spiritual music. I love it.
I have watched the fires on the news and have just been sick by them...so scary!
How is your sister doing today? That is quite a fall.
How is Jake?
but most importantly...how are you.

valerie said...

I've been remembering those who have suffered loss in the fires. So sad!

I'll keep your sister in my prayers as well. Bless her heart!
Is this the sister where you are going to spend Thanksgiving?

Michael W. Smith is one of my very favorite Christian singers. Thanks for sharing.

April said...

Hi Linda!

So glad you dropped by my blog! Thanks for entering my giveaway and good luck!

I really enjoyed reading your posts. So sorry to hear what happened to your sister. Hope she recovers soon.

Please feel free to hop on over anytime! Have a great day!

Michelle Alley said...

Heaven sakes, I hope your sister can recover quickly. I know I'm always climbing on things, it's hard to believe you can fall of those things. How are you? I hope you well and your dog is well and your life is happy. Love, MIchelle :)

Bren's Life said...

Oh my goodness. Your poor sister. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope she is feeling better now..

Rhonda said...

How is Kim? How are you?

Im emailing you tonight.

XOXO